Anyone use or seen game gear clothing ?

In my ever attempt to buy and use all USA made gear, I noticed Game Gear Clothing and it says USA made and appears they are out of Salt Lake City. I was looking at the Katori bundle. I was wondering has anyone used or seen this clothing, interested in quality and construction and fit. Thanks Jim

warrior80

WKR
I ran into a guy in November wearing it on the extended archery hunt in Utah. He said it was his friend's company. It seemed pretty nice and he said he really liked it, but that's tough to draw a conclusion from being that he would have an obvious bias towards it. I would not be able to give any kind of review or even a fair judgement about it since I have not worn any of it. From what I remember it is an athletic fit. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. It could be worth checking into it more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have a full set, pants, shirt, vest, boxer briefs. Pants are a soft shell material and cut way to thin for me (I have a bubble butt), but they fit my 20 year old son fine. Rest of the clothing is fine, nothing special, quality is fine for what I paid for it.

Saw this post and checked out their website. Ordered the warm weather pants and 1/4 zip top. Pretty cool they are made in the USA. I'll let you know how they work out. Not that i need ANY more huntung clothes. This website is awesome but rough on my wallet.

According to everything I've read about ungulate vision, blue is the worst color you can wear and their camo pattern seems to have a lot of it. Could be a computer screen vs real life thing where it turns out to be a true grey, but sure looks blue on my screen. Looks like some good warm weather synthetics though. Some pretty descent prices as well.

fngTony

Okay Moderator
Staff member
Saw blue as well but their fb page photos looked fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

warrior80

WKR
I don't see any blue on my computer screen. I see green, brown, cream, grey and each shape outlined in dark grey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I received my Catori Summer Bundle last week. I am 6-02, 255, with wide shoulders. I ordered everything in XXL.

The pants are well made and very light weight. Zippers on the cargo pockets and back pockets. I would compare them in weight to my Kryptek Valhalla, but the material seem like it will pile less. They have a elastic in the back as well as belt loops. I usually wear a 38-40 waist and 34 inseam. These are a little loose. The length has got to be about 38 inches, so I will have to hem them.

I really like the 1/4 zip top. It is very light and looks like it will breathe well. The sleeves are on the slim side but not tight. They offer a bow hunter sleeve which is tighter. I''m glad I did not order that or it would have been too tight.

The beanie, gloves, and ball cap are nice, but nothing special. I do like that the ball cap is all synthetic, no soggy cotton.

The base layers are on the heavy side. They are thicker material than Under Armour heat gear. No problem, for the price I will just use them under my work out clothing.

Overall for $255 I am pretty happy. Especially since all items are 100 percent made in the USA.

I'll do another review if anyone is interested after I get them out during bow season.

I finally wore my Catori top and bottoms in the California heat at the beginning of rifle season. They breathe pretty well. The material attracted less burs then my Valhallas. They did get a little snagged up in the berry stickers but not too bad. For the price and the fact they are USA made I am happy with them.

ccarter

FNG
I haven't seen it up close, but the from the pictures I've seen the camp looks really good. Another new Made in the USA option is SixSite. Their stuff looks really well-suited for being up in the alpine country. here's their site if you want to check it out sixsitegear.com

Gulch gear is another one to look at. Their camo looks a lot like fusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered some of their snow camo for coyotes 3 weeks ago. Feb 14th to be exact. Still no delivery or a delivery confirmation. I emailed last week and they "hoped" to ship by last friday. I emailed again today and said if they can't fulfill the order this week I want a refund. Never did receive a response on that email. Pretty bad business to wait so long to fulfill. With so much quality competition you'd think they'd be more aggressive so they can secure a little slice of the market. I'm done with these jokers. 👎

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got my game gear order after a month of waiting. At three weeks I asked the status and my email reply said that they "projected" them to ship on March 2nd which was over two weeks since I placed the order. I then sent another email a week later and got no response, after a day or two I sent yet another which was a little more forceful. I explained to them if they can't send the order within a few days I want a refund. I was sent a return email with an apology. The excuse was how busy they are and they can't keep up but I find that a little suspicious seeing as nobody uses this stuff that I know of and you don't really hear much talk about their gear. I'm good with a week or maybe even two to ship but this was ridiculous in my opinion especially since they were supposed to be in stock. Anyways, I bought the Sonora snow Camo pants for Coyote hunting. My first impression is not great. They seem okay and they'll do but that's about it. They'll be adequate for the intended purpose but I don't think I'd buy anything else other than the matching snow camo top. Reason being is that they are water resistant and I'll just wear them as a outer layer.

The pants are very light. Lighter than Attack or Ascent pants so a layer underneath will definitely be needed. The fabric is not as soft as the competition and it's sort of noisy, they sort of remind me rubberized rain gear. Maybe that's how they are supposed to be but I envisioned them to be more like Ascent, Attack, or Corrugates. Although I haven't used them in the field I did spray them down with water and it runs right off. Perfect for coyote hunting in the snow because you do tend to get wet from sitting in the snow and calling. They run big, I'm a 32 waist and I bought the mediums. There will be ample room for wearing a layer or two under them. The knees are articulated but it seems like it's in the wrong place for me. I couldn't wear these without an under layer, the stitching would drive me crazy. They are REALLY REALLY long. I wear about a 31 inseam and these have got to be 36 inches. Great for you tall guys but holy smokes!

I'm just going to be honest here. The only reason I tried these guys was because I wanted some water resistant snow camo for coyotes. They were running a special and they are made in the U.S. so I thought I'd try them out because we got a lot of snow this year and I didn't have any decent snow camo pants, I had been using my kuiu attacks in Vias which is not exactly snow camo but the pants are sure awesome! In the past I've used Kryptek, KUIU, Sitka and First Lite products. I've been thoroughly impressed with their products, some more than others but in my opinion it's a coin toss. Take your pick with either one of them and you'll be happy. When it comes to Hunting by Game gear I think I'll pass on any other products. Frankly, I wish I would have bought the Kryptek Overwhites .

I'll close by saying that I have no experience in any of their other products and they may be fantastic but my overall first impression is not stellar with the sonora pants or with the length of time to fulfill. I wish I could have taken these to the field but in the month it took to get the order the snow had melted so I won't be able to use them until next year.

Last edited: