Kuiu Peloton Zip off Experience?????

Rveen

FNG
Does anyone have any feedback on the new Kuiu Peloton bottoms? I would like to try a pair of the zip offs but can't make up my mind whether to get the 130 or 200's. I have a Peloton 130 crew and that is so light. I'm going on a Wyoming October elk hunt. Thanks

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
No experience with the pants themselves but I would go with the 200. If you get too warm they come off easy.
Any one know if the pelotons are as tight fitting as the merino bottoms?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
Rveen

Rveen

FNG
That's a good point about going with the heavier weight and being able to quickly take them off. I was also curious about sizing.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I've gathered the merino 210 doesn't stretch that well, curious about the peloton 200

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Peloton 200s in the mail 2 days ago. Tried them on immediately, like everything else, including under the Alpine pant that came with it. I already own the merino 145 zip ons.

Can't make an accurate call on fit because the merino 145s are a size med and the P200s a large. I sized up on the P200s specifically because I expect to start with the merino and add the fleece if/when needed and figured they'd just go on over the merino. However, the P200 fits really comfortably on its own. I can easily wear either size and be happy and not wishing for the other. But I like how the size large doesn't constrict my legs. In the merino, I find I need to stretch them a bit to get the zippers started and not grab hair when I'm zipping them up. Don't need to do that with the peloton's. Waist and length are good; I don't find the large too long nor do they want to fall off my ass. To keep things in context, I'm 175lbs with a 32" waist and a 30"/31" inseam. I think I'm gonna find these really good as a part of a layering system. With the lightweight merino and alpine pant plus a rain shell, I pretty much have all conditions covered other than ND/WI/Arctic, none of which I hunt in.

n2horns

WKR
I have the 145 Merino in XL and fit like a glove with good stretch. I had the 210 Merinos and were horrible, no stretch. I sent the 210 back. I called Kuiu CS and asked on warmth Peloton 200 vs Kenai, they said Kenai is warmer. I didn't even realize the pants came in XL and XXL. Going to call CS tomorrow on sizing ie., loose/tight fit. I want to layer 145 Merino with either Peloton 200 or Kenai.

OP
Rveen

Rveen

FNG
I just received a pair of Peloton 200 zip off's from the Kuiu Memorial Day sale so I'll update the thread as far as fit but obviously no field review. I had a pair of 145 Merino zip off's which were too large for me. Ordered the Peloton 200 in XL though and I'm glad I did. I'm 6'2" and 208lbs, waist size 36" pants. Fit very snug but incredibly comfortable especially with the inside brushed fleece. The material has good stretch. They are very warm which will be ideal for my October hunt so I'm glad I chose the 200's. Also got a Peloton 240 Beanie, wow, is that a comfortable Beanie!!!

i understand you guys are talking about the long bottoms but i ordered a pair of the boxer 130s. i wore them yesterday on a 2 mile hike here in az and it was around high 80s. amazing comfort and better than i was expecting.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
i understand you guys are talking about the long bottoms but i ordered a pair of the boxer 130s. i wore them yesterday on a 2 mile hike here in az and it was around high 80s. amazing comfort and better than i was expecting.

Great to know, thanks for posting!

gdavis

Lil-Rokslider
Reviving this, with the synthetic zip offs, how is the stench over say a 10 day hunt? Do you guys sleep in them also?

OP
Rveen

Rveen

FNG
I wore mine night and day for a 7 day hunt. I only took them off one warm afternoon. They did not develop a strong odor unlike my ExOfficio synthetic boxers which were only good for one day. The Peloton zip offs are surprisingly comfortable for having zippers on the legs. I wore Kuiu merino up top and that lasted the whole trip without smelling foul.

gdavis

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info, I’m eye balling either the P200 or new P97 zip offs coming out just not sure about the long term smell. Figure if I wear some merino boxers should be good on my moose and sheep hunts