Freefly bamboo shirts

Titan_Bow

WKR
Anyone have much experience with bamboo fabrics for early season? I just bought a shirt a few weeks ago, and did a 4 mile hike with my wife last weekend in Minturn,CO. The fabric is the softest, most comfortable thing I can honestly remember ever wearing. It seemed to have really good thermal regulation, keeping me cool when I was sweating, and felt good when we stopped for lunch. It is supposed to have properties similar to merino, but it's much softer and better feeling against the skin. What I haven't been able to determine yet, is how it will fare after four or five days of constant wear. Will it hold stink and funk like some synthetics or will it be more like merino in the scent department? Hoping to do some good alpine cutthroat trips this summer to test it out more. BTW, the shirts come in a camo pattern as well!

https://www.freeflyapparel.com/

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did see a review on a Badlands shirt that use bamboo. He said stink free till about day six. It will smell a bit quicker than merino but airs out just as fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This is quite interesting. I am so glad to know all this. Thanks for sharing details. I am also looking for such deals on comfortable sports bra and leggings. I wonder if you know about such offers on sports clothing!

All my hunting and backpacking gear is merino and I have a bunch of the freefly shirts that I use fishing and I love them for that.(I'm on the water in my skiff several days a week so I have a pretty solid amount of time in the freefly stuff at this point) They are super light and breathe well, but they don't dry nearly as fast as merino and they will definitely stink after a couple days although nothing like a synthetic shirt would.

I have a buddy who uses the sun hoody for long days glassing in the desert and he digs it except he wishes they were as lightweight and breathable as the normal lightweight long sleeve shirt. Overall it's great gear and has been well worth the money in my experience. Also the customer service is some of the best I've come across which will keep me a customer for sure

Just got some of their boxer-breifs. I will prepare my neither-regions for glory.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk