KUIU Alpine Pant vs Sitka Timberline Pant

WestNE

WKR
Make that two. I'm a big fan of everything having a home and I love this pocket. With a tight clip on the knife and the rubberized trim on the pocket I've never lost anything. I might be out on the new version of its gone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dapesche

WKR
Just wanted to revive this thread and hear what you thought of the Chinooks and how they performed in various weather and terrain this season.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a pair of Chinooks. For me they're pretty much strictly a late season pant, but I run pretty hot when I'm moving around. I wore them mid October this year, not sure what the temps were during the day, maybe 10*C, but I was absolutely sweating my bag off while hiking around. Had the legs rolled up and vents open and was still uncomfortably hot. They were great for early morning and late evening, and fine for sitting and glassing, but too warm mid day.

I wore them again for a week end of November and they were fantastic. Temps were around freezing the whole time. If I got warm moving around the vents would help a lot.

For me, if the temp will be much above freezing I'll be wearing something lighter for next year, possibly paired with a zip off base layer. For later season stuff, the Chinooks are great.