Kuiu Chugach or OR Foray jacket?

I'm debating getting rid of my Guide DCS jacket and replacing it with a rain shell. Reason being is that I seem to just wear a puffy most of the time and not really use the Guide jacket too much. A lightweight shell for rain and wind would be a good addition since I don't really have a shell at the moment.

I have an old Mountain Hardware shell that's literally falling apart after 12 years. I need to replace it as an everyday town jacket and for the occasional ski trips. I was thinking of getting the OR Foray jacket, which I can get at a nice discount in Coyote Brown. I figure brown is good enough for a shell that's not meant to be quiet and just keep the wind/rain off you. I don't hunt in much rain, just very occasionally.

So, is the Foray a good option, or is the Chugach from Kuiu or something from First Lite so much better that it's worth spending $250-$300 instead of half that? I would think it mostly boils down to camo vs solid brown, but I may be wrong.....

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I ordered and returned a foray, it seemed like it'd be perfectly fine if a solid color was your preference. Only reason I returned it is I had gotten a black one and then at then during black Friday last year I picked up a brown firstlite storm tight for similar money. Little bit softer/quitter and supposedly breathes better but to be honest I wanted brown more than black. :p

dotman

WKR
I have a foray and it is ok, I think it's a tad noisy but a good shell overall. I prefer my Kryptek Poseidon over it.

cgippe

Lil-Rokslider
I love my guide jacket! Would much rather pack a rain jacket and wear the guide. However if it is a super late season hunt I wear puffy and the yukon jacket.

jmo

mmw194287

WKR
I've got the Foray pants and jacket (got a crazy deal on both) and really like them. The cut of the jacket is great and the pit zips allow you to vent all the way from mid-bicep to waist.

duchntr

WKR
The chugach and forey are not in the same league. The chugach is a 3l shell vs OR's 2, so the kuiu will outperform the OR shell as well as outlast it. Wish they would stock some solid colors.