SKRE Extreme Mountain Gear

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok cool. Ile wait and see. 6 months ain't long!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Subscribe to this thread, I plan on using Skre a lot during shed season when I really put on some miles and known to ruin a few shirts and pants!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you have any of their merino?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No but I really want to try it out. It's a new product and I personally love merino wool! Their new rain gear and puffy jacket looks extremely nice as well.

Ive been running in my Mad trapper hoodie , its super comfy and dries fast . Sweat stank is minimal after it dries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got out in the field and used what Skre gear I have. It was 36* when I got out of my truck. I had on the Wasatch long sleeve shirt , 32*costco base bottoms. Hardscrabble pants and Mad Trapper hoodie . Also brought a jacket that never left my pack. I did 3 miles in 1 mile increments sat 1/2 hr after each mile and called, then a straight 3 back to the truck

Like i mentioned above at that temp the Wasatch base shirt and Mad Trapper Hoodie kept me cozy enough i never took my jacket out. I didnt sweat so i cant speak on the Wasatch other than it fits great I'm a XL and ordered a xl and no issues nothing bugged me about it fit was fine.

The wind was blowing and the Mad Trapper was warm but , im use to the snug hood of the Kuiu Peleton and i wish this hood wasnt so big, unless i tied it tight it would blow off my head. The fit is super comfy and other than that Ive worn this piece the most.

Im use to Kuiu Attacks , the Hardscrabble pant is a little thicker material . These will not come on any August trips as they are pretty warm. Im a 36 and sized up to a 38. These are probably 37's in actuality. Starting from the top , the waist band on the inside is very tacky . Were you tighten em down with your belt is were they stay. I felt my crappy base sagging but the pants were secure. The pockets arent extremely deep but just deep enough were i was satisfied. I really like the cargo pockets my wallet and keys in one cell in other , they did not bounce around and annoy me. I walked in a ton of wet grass , i wish the bottom of the pant was more tapered. As they got wet they sagged over my boot and sometimes the seam would catch on the heel of my boot , im 5'8". The pants have vents on the sides and in the pockets , i did not use this feature.

I bought this gear with 20% discount and im happy with the way they performed at a good price point. I will buy the base bottoms and early season pants soon
2c3b862c7545bed017f90e5e4f215fff.jpg

Anybody have any suggestions on what exactly I should wear on an Montana rifle elk hunt in late October to early November. I've purchased some SKRE clothes, just not real sure if I'll need anything else. So far I've bought the hardscrabble pants and jacket, the puffy coat and the Kaibab base layers. Do you guys think would be enough? Should I go ahead and complete the set and get the hoody? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody have any suggestions on what exactly I should wear on an Montana rifle elk hunt in late October to early November. I've purchased some SKRE clothes, just not real sure if I'll need anything else. So far I've bought the hardscrabble pants and jacket, the puffy coat and the Kaibab base layers. Do you guys think would be enough? Should I go ahead and complete the set and get the hoody? Thanks

I don't think the hoody is necessary for you.
I would suggest the vest as well as a good set of gloves and headwear with temps that low.

So you think the base layers, then the hardscrabble jacket,pants and the vest would be enough for hiking/hunting in. Then put the puffy on when I stop and glass. Sorry for all the questions. This will be my first elk hunt and this is my first plunge into high dollar hunting clothes. I'm used to stand hunting here in KY. Thanks

So you think the base layers, then the hardscrabble jacket,pants and the vest would be enough for hiking/hunting in. Then put the puffy on when I stop and glass. Sorry for all the questions. This will be my first elk hunt and this is my first plunge into high dollar hunting clothes. I'm used to stand hunting here in KY. Thanks

Id echo what Travis said , youll be fine just as you described , but , the Mad Trapper hoodie is my favorite piece right now i wear it for more than just hunting

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm looking at the rain gear anyone put it through the paces yet?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing more than en Expo video but I'm fairly sure Travis Bertrand will be running a set soon.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be looking forward to it Travis. With everyone poo pooing all the business in Utah over politics they don't control I'll be looking hard at supporting these guys/gals paying into the local tax system that keeps this beautiful state running

Dcoryn

FNG
I'm also looking forward to hearing how the rain gear performs. I recently bought a hardscrabble set and love it so far. Going to pick up the hoody and a new beanie next

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Roksliders, I know this thread has some age on it, but as one of the SKRE founders, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all those who have given our gear and our company a try. We realize their is always, apprehension when trying new gear, from a new company. We are regular guys like so many of you with a obsession for DIY mountain hunting. Building performance driven gear for Mountain athletes who demand the best from their gear, is something we take very seriously.We have spent the last two years testing our gear in Alaska, Africa, Mexico, New Zealand, and of course our home here in the Rocky Mountain West. We have learned a lot in our first year of business, and are all ears when it comes to incorporating new ideas from, you the hunter. If you are thinking about giving SKRE a try, but are still apprehensive, no need to worry. We have a no questions asked return policy. If you aren't satisfied send it back for a full refund, and we will even pay the return shipping.

We are also excited to announce the release of a new pattern in the near future, so stay tuned. We think you guys will be impressed. Also make sure you hop on over to Skre Gear – Extreme Mountain Gear and check out our "new arrivals" section where we have added several items to our extreme layering systems.

All The Best
Mike Nielson

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mike I've been loving your gear I've been trying this year. Every piece has lived up to my expectations. I'll be running and testing SKRE all this season. Drew a early Aug deer tag and a fourth season Nov deer tag. Looking forward to seeing the new pattern.