First Lite SEAK Rain Jacket Review, by Brock Akers

Med

FNG
Where does the bottom hem fall when you put it on? Is length like a normal jacket or longer kinda like a parka?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where does the bottom hem fall when you put it on? Is length like a normal jacket or longer kinda like a parka?

Med, here is a picture. I would say it's a tad longer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tyler455

Lil-Rokslider
Does it wear nice for a primary outershell? Would that be asking too much of it.
I'm thinking about a 3 layer system. Baselayers , Puffy,Seak

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Brock will chime in but that's exactly what I did with my FL except my outer shell was the Boundary. When it got really cold I added the FL Chama

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does it wear nice for a primary outershell? Would that be asking too much of it.
I'm thinking about a 3 layer system. Baselayers , Puffy,Seak
Yeah I think you could do that if there wasn't a ton of hiking involved. If you were in a wet environment its definitely a good route.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tyler455

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the Vapor would be a better choice? I just don't know if i want that lite of raingear. I would hope it's durable?

Gobbler36

WKR
Really can not decide on on the vapor or seak, having a difficult time. Do mainly backpack hunts but don't want to carry a softshell and rainshell, if I knew the vapor was durable enough than I would go that route. Did you pack around the seak on a backpack hunt? How did you feel it packed down?

Benjblt

WKR
Vapor doesn't have pit zips. I think that is more important than being really breathable. I have the SEAK but have not worn it much yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really can not decide on on the vapor or seak, having a difficult time. Do mainly backpack hunts but don't want to carry a softshell and rainshell, if I knew the vapor was durable enough than I would go that route. Did you pack around the seak on a backpack hunt? How did you feel it packed down?
I didn't pack the SEAK much. If I was going for a few nights I would take the vapor. However I haven't used it much. Maybe a few days is all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OceanMon

FNG
I didn't pack the SEAK much. If I was going for a few nights I would take the vapor. However I haven't used it much. Maybe a few days is all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Brock

How has your jacket fared over the past few years? Still waterproof?

mcseal2

WKR
Mine had served me well on 2 wet Alaska hunts plus around home. Got it when they discontinued asat and had a sale.