Fjallraven pants

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone have experience with them? Looking for a late season solid color pant which seems to be hard to find. Wondering if they articulate, stretch well. If you have any what popular hunting pant would you compare them to?

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a pair of the Keb Trousers in the Tarmac color for a couple years. I'm a big fan. I've used them spring to winter, hot and dry, wet and snowy. They're super comfortable, like hiking in sweat pants. They did fine odor-wise after being worn for 3 days of pretty intense hiking. The G1000 is very tough stuff and hasn't shown any wear after many trips of busting through brush and sitting on rocks. The stretch material isn't as durable but I haven't damaged mine at all. They have two zippered vents on each leg for which are awesome! The vents make my hunting buddies jealous. My only concern was the cotton content in the G1000 material, but it hasn't caused any problems yet and it's only 35% anyways. All of the G1000 sections can be waxed for wet conditions, it reduces breathing of the material but keeps the water off.

I went to the store location in Boulder, CO to try things on, and I would recommend doing the same. I ended up being a size smaller than I thought. They also have some models that need to be hemmed, the Kebs have built in "gaiters" so they don't need hemming.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the Kebs. They have 2 vents on each leg, and stood up well to crashing through service berry bushes for me.

I have a trekking jacket. Speedy but awesome. The g1000 fabric is tough but not really waterproof. You can treat it to help but I doubt it would get to the level of a decent synthetic. Very breathable.

I'm in Sweden and it's everywhere. I don't have experience with their pants yet, but the g1000 is quite durable. On a jacket, even if waxed, I got soaked. Definitely "the gear to have" over here though, and it is a bit of a status symbol

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

I bought a pair of Keb Trousers on sale since I am a skinny b**** and am able to fit in 30-31 waist, on backcountry (still $150). They are very well made. The ass and the hip area stretch nicely for good freedom of movement. I bought them about 2 weeks ago and have been wearing them constantly for just about everything, they just make you look like an outdoor savage. So be prepared to back that "look" up lol. I have not waxed them and don't plan to. I would not wear them on an archery hunt as the G1000 fabric is kind of stiff and a little loud but as I stated they still very new. Good luck, very steep price to pay for a pair of pants but I do like them.

I bought a pair of Keb Trousers on sale since I am a skinny b**** and am able to fit in 30-31 waist, on backcountry (still $150). They are very well made. The ass and the hip area stretch nicely for good freedom of movement. I bought them about 2 weeks ago and have been wearing them constantly for just about everything, they just make you look like an outdoor savage. So be prepared to back that "look" up lol. I have not waxed them and don't plan to. I would not wear them on an archery hunt as the G1000 fabric is kind of stiff and a little loud but as I stated they still very new. Good luck, very steep price to pay for a pair of pants but I do like them.
There are different grades of g1000, including g1000 silent, which is their intended hunting fabric

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

Repair4

FNG
I concur with the above, they are my go to pant almost all year except in outright down pours. I've worn them hunting in AK and all over the western US and have been really really happy with them. The only minor down side is that waxing them is time consuming and doesn't last more than a couple of days if they are getting wet regularly or washed. I hope they plan on offering the G1000 Silent over here soon since that'd make hiking a bit more enjoyable since they make a bit of noise when waxed and cold.

I've got the Keb as well, really nice pants. The G1000 fabric for toughness is cool but don't expect it to breathe and it gets a little clammy against bare skin. They would be a nice rifle season pant but i'm not sure they'll replace attack pants for me.

ohoopee

WKR
32 thru 34 solids in the traditional hunting pants are non existent now!!! I finally bought a pair of obsidian and marmots for trip last week. Schnees has some 32 ascents in solid I saw this morning.