Sitka new Camo: Gore Optifade SubAlpine

Tex68w

WKR
Not sure if this has been posted here yet but I just saw it announced on Sitkas website. Looks a lot like the Marines MARPAT Woodland pattern with some tan/coyote/sand thrown in to lighten it up. Might be a promising early season pattern and depending on the type of year we have here in Texas it could prove to be a better option for Whitetail than the Elevated II pattern.

Last edited:

ianpadron

WKR
Not sure if this has been posted here yet but I just saw it announced on Sitkas website. Looks a lot like the Marines MARPAT Woodland pattern with some tan/coyote/sand thrown in to lighten it up. Might be a promising early season pattern and depending on the type of year we have here in Texas it could prove to be a better option for Whitetail than the Elevated II pattern.
Last thing we need is another camo pattern to choose from...but I agree, looks pretty badass.

Best part is that Kimber is making Montanas and Mountain Ascents in the new color.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tex68w

WKR
Last thing we need is another camo pattern to choose from...but I agree, looks pretty badass.

Best part is that Kimber is making Montanas and Mountain Ascents in the new color.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That's cool on the part of Kimber, unfortunately I had issues with my Montana and down the road she went only to be replaced by Weatherby Mark V's.

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've been waiting to hear about this release. I've been told they've got a new jacket that will be awesome for early season Archery. Can't say I'm a fan of changing patterns but as a gear junkey I love seeing what they come out with next. Nothing but love for my sitka gear this far!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
Looks a lot like a slightly tweaked Forrest Floor. I bought a bunch of gear from a European sitka dealer in that camo and it's bar none the most adaptable color camo I have ever ever seem. Good stuff.

Sent from handheld device with tiny keyboard.

kodiakfly

WKR
Looks a lot like a slightly tweaked Forrest Floor.

I was thinking the same thing. I like the browns. I like Sitka and I like Optifade. I just wish they'd get a bit more like they did with waterfowl and offer a bit more than just different colored little squares. The OC and EV work fine, but the waterfowl stuff actually has a designed pattern to it.

Wonder if the new pattern will be available in the Whitetail line.

OP
T

Tex68w

WKR
I was thinking the same thing. I like the browns. I like Sitka and I like Optifade. I just wish they'd get a bit more like they did with waterfowl and offer a bit more than just different colored little squares. The OC and EV work fine, but the waterfowl stuff actually has a designed pattern to it.

Wonder if the new pattern will be available in the Whitetail line.

The Gore Optifade Waterfowl Marsh pattern is what originally brought me to Sitka a few years back. I agree that the waterfowl patterns are much more involved than simple digital camo. I am really digging this pattern and I am glad I held off on buying a full kit of the Elevated II pattern because I think this will work much better for my AO.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
First there is Christmas, then there is the new gear release season, then Shot Show, the Sportsman Show, ATA, and on and on. Who says the Holidays are over!! :) Who's next? Bring it! :)

Cgeb

WKR
Looks pretty close to Sitka's Ground Forest which is a European line. It looks just a little lighter maybe a little less green in the Alpine.

well faaa.
Now the decision on if I ditch my Elevated 2 stuff for the sub alpine stuff.

My big reason I use the Elevated 2 stuff is because the light brushed face on the Downpour pants and Jacket.
The stormfront stuff is too loud in the tight bush.

Might want to look at their Thunderhead stuff when they release more info.

cornfed and forealboreal where are you getting any information on what might be coming?

For being tagged in multiple podcasts as the biggest release for the big game section, not much different. Ascent shirt maybe, thunderhead gators as well. O see they brought a dedicated wind shirt back, good as well. Other than that looks like old hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: