Shooting gloves

willidru

WKR
Thoughts on a well fit pair of gloves for shooting? Looking at the Sitka shooters glove. Something where you maintain good dexterity and will take the edge off of the cold/wind.

Check out all the gloves by OR. They an Black Diamond do gloves right. I've got a few OR gloves that I think make perfect shooting gloves for summer through winter.

The sitka gloves are nice for shooting but don't do much in the way of warmth because the back and between the fingers are breathable materials. For dexterity and warmth try a liner glove like the kuiu Peloton 200 or ultra merino 210. The sitka Traverse glove and first lite wool liner glove are also nice for this purpose.

I used the Sitka Shooter glove for archery this year. As Hungarydog said it isn't very warm. It does not cut the wind very well either. I have the Mountain Glove by Sitka and it has goretex wind layer in it. I can shoot both my bow and rifle with it on pretty easily. IMO it's a little too warm for mid day archery hunting in CO. I've used the Guide Glove by Kuiu as well. I like the feel of the Guide Glove on my hand, but the Mountain Glove fits closer to the skin which I like for shooting purposes.

Thoughts on a well fit pair of gloves for shooting? Looking at the Sitka shooters glove. Something where you maintain good dexterity and will take the edge off of the cold/wind.

i really like the old sitka traverse gloves...but of late i have used the first lite aerowool liner gloves and they work great for bowhunting in most temps. for sub freezing temps i tend to use chemical warmers

hope this helps

I have some Sitkas, but can't remember the specific glove. It does have gore-tex so maybe it is the mountain glove. In any event, I've worn it below zero with wind while pheasant hunting and had warm fingers with enough dexterity to easily slide off the safe and pull the trigger.

I have the Sitka shooter gloves. I bought them on Camofire about a month ago. They fit well, and seem to be warm enough unless it is really cold. I normally wear just the light Sitka Traverse glove, but this one is heavier (so maybe warmer?). It has those sensors on the fingertip so you can use your smartphone or other touchscreen GPS, etc without having to take them off. They seem to have plenty of dexterity to manipulate the weapon and feel the trigger. Also some "sticky stuff" on the palms to help with the grip. I won't be able to hunt with them until October, so that will be the real test, but I like them so far.

I went and looked up the models I was talking about. Outdoor Research Air Brake and Aerator gloves. I love them, and I can even wear the Aerators down into the 30s if I'm active and moving. Really top notch gloves and come in hunting colors. Oh, and the Aerator gloves are touch screen compatible.

I went and looked up the models I was talking about. Outdoor Research Air Brake and Aerator gloves. I love them, and I can even wear the Aerators down into the 30s if I'm active and moving. Really top notch gloves and come in hunting colors. Oh, and the Aerator gloves are touch screen compatible.

Thanks, I'll have to check em out

Sitka "Shooter Gloves" on Camofire.com right now (Sunday 8:00 am) for $32. That's where I got mine. Try them, and you can return them if you don't like them, but if you hunt a lot, you will find a situation where you can use them.

For a firearm shooting glove I routinely use my Dakine mountain bike gloves (several models) as well as the Mechanix. Both are tough and allow for good dexterity when loading, unloading, slide manipulation etc. Archery I have been using the light wool first lite gloves mainly just for camo hand coverage ( I bow hunt in Aug and Sep and its pretty warm ).

Back