Boxer briefs

ExOfficio probably makes the best boxer briefs i have ever used.. Ive used Merino from Icebreaker, FL and Core4. I wear ExOfficio everyday now just about and they are a must when working out, hiking, running and hunting. Especially in the summer! wink wink. Id give them a shot..

NDGuy

WKR
I'll second FL stuff. I have Red Desert Boxers, Allegheny 230 & 330s and the Glenbrook 3/4 length. They are amazing.

jaredlef

FNG
Ex Officio. Awesome, fast drying, synthetic material that surprisingly doesn't start stinking too bad. Relatively cheap compared to merino at ~$20 a pair too.

I just got a pair of FL red deserts yesterday in large, should have went medium. Will they shrink with washing?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ can't speak to FL directly, but my Ibex merino ones don't shrink machine washing

Gorp2007

WKR
I just got a pair of FL red deserts yesterday in large, should have went medium. Will they shrink with washing?

You can certainly encourage them to shrink by washing on warm/hot and applying heavy heat during the drying process. But if you follow the manufacturer's instructions and wash on cold and dry on low heat you shouldn't experience any shrinkage.

You can certainly encourage them to shrink by washing on warm/hot and applying heavy heat during the drying process. But if you follow the manufacturer's instructions and wash on cold and dry on low heat you shouldn't experience any shrinkage.
Thanks, if they don't shrink enough I'll use this pair for work were I'm active... but not hiking/scouting/shed hunting/stalking active. For other than work I order some mediums. They feel 10x better than the BCG and Reebok polyester/spandex stuff I have been wearing.

Same with the llano shirt i got it's awesome. I always thought merino wool was for socks pfttt was I wrong

halg

Lil-Rokslider
I have used various merino boxers (FL red desert, smartwool, minus 33,sitka,,etc), and like then all. However, they will eventual separate in the crotch area - the red desert goes especially quick.

But, this fall I tried out the the First Lite Dobson,which uses their aerosol blend, and these things are crazy good. The material is listed as 65% merino/35% polyester, but isn't rough and scratchy like the old core4element 50/50 blend - it's actually quite soft, like full on merino. Also, they have a very small little stretchy diamond of 100% polyester right in the crotch area where the material usually fails. I ordered my first pair in October, and have since ordered several more. The little diamond in the crotch area seems to hold up quite well. This may become my go to. ...

Dameon

WKR
I really hope the Black Ovis 50/50 boxers are like their older C4E 50/50 boxers. I have two pairs of the C4E boxers for hunting and I prefer them over my Icebreakers. I really wish I bought more when they were still available.

I wish C4E still had their 100% merino boxers. They are great. I have 2 pair I only wear for hunting so hopefully they will last a while. I have the 50/50 C4E and Black Ovis for everyday wear.

The merino wool will shrink for sure if you wash in hot water and dry on high heat. Someone gave me a pair of Sitka wool boxers that were too large for him. They were also too large for me, so I washed in hot and dried on high heat, now they fit me perfect.
My FL Red Desert fit fine, so I wash them in cold and dry on low heat.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Firstlite boxers but they rip way to quickly. Only had the Sitka Merino boxers since last summer but they are awesome so far and all 4 pairs are holding up extremely well! I like how they are a little longer as well.

Stwrt9

WKR
I'll add another vote for the First Lite Red Desert Boxers. they are super warn and comfortable. I also like that the are longer than normal at least on me they go down to the tops of my knees. You can't go wrong with merino for extended trips as well!

I have tried the First lite boxers and they were too tight in the thighs. If you have athletic legs I wouldn't go that route.

TAD gear commando boxer briefs are really comfortable in a wide temperature range, however they didn't last a year.

I agree with what the others have said. You don't need your boxers to be the insulation when hunting in a treestand, other garments do a better job.

The best boxerbriefs I have ever found, which has been a long journey consisting of about 20 differnent brands and models, is Mypakage. I have several different models but they are the most comfortable underwear I have ever used. It's like my tackle is sitting on a pillow all day long, amazing. That keyhole thing is brilliant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
First Lite Red Desert boxers- only way to go

X2.

I got 2.5 seasons out of my first pair, prolly 70+ days. Crotch wore out where my thighs rub together. Warm, and good in warm weather, hardly any stink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warrior80

WKR
I like the Sitka merino boxers more than the others I have including Firstlite, C4E, etc. Comfortable and more durable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk