SKRE Complete Review (+ Giveaway!!!), by Travis Bertrand

Netherman

WKR
I'd love to give the hardscrabbles a try. I'll be spring turkey hunting in MIichigan, backpacking/camping for turkey in Ohio's Wayne national forest, then backpacking in Colorado scouting for a fall elk hunt. Those hip vents look awesome for turkey hunting where you can start your day in the 40s and finish in the 70s. Depending how long they take to recieve I'll be doing some snowshoe hare hunting in michigan and small game on the weekends until the season closes March 31st.

I'm also interested in seeing how well they shed burrs and pickers and if they can do so while remaining quiet.There's a lot of snowshoeing, hiking, and brush busting involved in small game and turkey hunting. Burr repellancy is currently a sore subject with me as I spent 30 minutes yesterday deburring my deer hunting pants. I have to walk thru about 10yds of brush and they were wrecked. I did get some video of this little guy though so it was worth it.

Nick
25c6d770806ea70a8269f3e7d138f6c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
The new pattern is available for pre order. Of course after I have already got everything haha

Some success from rifle season with the '74.buck - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, if you’re still entering for The SKRE gear test, that has been over since March 8 as it says in post #1. This thread is where our winner realunlucky and other members who purchased SKRE are posting feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys just finished up with my 2017 season. Figure I have around 50 days of in the field hunting turkey mule deer antelope and whitetails add in another 20 plus days shed hunting and scouting with the SKRE gear and i feel I've run it though the paces. Been out since Nov 1st so I'll try and get my honey do list knocked out and a complete review done this holiday weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Turkey
64b10c296cf993cc734251a0b47c62f4.jpg

Scouting
ac1c653c0706ecce08b2802c4763d49d.jpg

Antelope
d708f261f30f98a61cf32af18babc7b4.jpg

Whitetail
e1dcbb7a438ae4e0761b43cf7ddb5128.jpg

822aa54a0bbda76a20519dc9583f36fd.jpg
brush is my rain gear
Mule deer
19ba9cf25b97ca569f3b56e854ec1db1.jpg

Summary
While mnt stealth still isn't my favorite camo pattern it proved itself though out the year.
SKRE gear is a great system that kept me out hunting/scouting early March to late November this year

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, the new Summit Pattern by SKRE has been released. More info here.

If you get to see some in person, post up your thoughts on the pattern. Heck, even if you don't get to see it in person, post it up.

Summit Archives | Skre Gear

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok bumping this back up. The summit pattern has been for awhile anyone tried it yet? I seen a couple pictures of Travis Bertrand wearing some on his coues deer hunt. After last season I know SKRE makes some quality clothes but interested in some of the new stuff they released late last season or early this year that I haven't handled personally yet. I'm hoping to see some at the expo maybe I'll pick up some if I don't have to work that weekend. I see they finally got the hardscrabble gaiters in. Looks like they expanded their merino wool offerings with a neck gaiter, beanie, and the Bowen balaclava. The piece I'm most interested in is the kanati core hoody with it's 95% merino wool and 5% spandex blend. It's advertised as antimicrobial & antibacterial enhanced for order control. Anyone seen this hoody or have any input in the new line up?? Also I've yet to see a rain gear report anyone try that last season?

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok bumping this back up. The summit pattern has been for awhile anyone tried it yet? I seen a couple pictures of Travis Bertrand wearing some on his coues deer hunt. After last season I know SKRE makes some quality clothes but interested in some of the new stuff they released late last season or early this year that I haven't handled personally yet. I'm hoping to see some at the expo maybe I'll pick up some if I don't have to work that weekend. I see they finally got the hardscrabble gaiters in. Looks like they expanded their merino wool offerings with a neck gaiter, beanie, and the Bowen balaclava. The piece I'm most interested in is the kanati core hoody with it's 95% merino wool and 5% spandex blend. It's advertised as antimicrobial & antibacterial enhanced for order control. Anyone seen this hoody or have any input in the new line up?? Also I've yet to see a rain gear report anyone try that last season?

I am hoping to get my hands on some of their new stuff during the western hunt expo!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am hoping to get my hands on some of their new stuff during the western hunt expo!
I a chance to attend the expo myself this year. One of my first stops was to check out the SKRE booth and check out the new summit pattern. Wow I'm impressed think it's going to work great in the kind of country I tend to hunt. Here is a picture comparison of summit, open country, and mnt stealth
0ecfe19a32688875f4684d79b6c6ea90.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Sam, after you get some usage on those pieces, let’s start a fresh thread for 2018 and you can post your thoughts on them and feedback, along with other members who have the new pieces/patterns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk