SKRE Complete Review (+ Giveaway!!!), by Travis Bertrand

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
I just had a buddy of mine buy me the 950 down jacket they had at the show in UT and I'd love to test more of their gear. I'll be turkey and bear hunting this spring and then Moose hunting AK in September. After that it's my usual 2 bull tags and hopefully 2 more cow tags, if I can draw, along with antelope, and 2-3 deer tags (the 3rd is dependent on the draw)

crazyelk

FNG
Going for the turkey slam in Washington state, And helping with a friends with a bear hunt hopefully.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Travis,

How is the length on the tops? So far I have only been able to wear older model First Lite clothing in order to get enough length. Would you say it's closer to Sitka or First Lite in length? I also have very big legs, are they as roomy in the thighs/butt as Sitka or tight like Kuiu and FL?

Co,

I will compare lengths compared to first lite merino and let you know, I think you'll be fine on pants. They seem roomier to me than first lite.

Jrodrick

FNG
Do they give discounts to military and law enforcement like other companies. Thank you.

I would love to try these out as well. Waiting to see if I'll be hunting spring bear in WA myself, or going with any number of buddies to help them on their hunt (maybe both), and shed hunting trips in the Cascade Mountains foothills I will also be heading to UT in May for a 10 day trip in the Zion, Bryce Canyon, Escalante river area and might have the opportunity to use some of the gear there as well. Thanks for the opportunity.

Would love to give this a try. Will be hunting blacktails in the alpine of western wa as well as chasing elk in the fall. Will end up doing a trip or two for bear as well. Fingers crossed to draw from spring bear too. Would be a awesome opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westside elkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Great review Travis. Like to try this stuff out. Start off the year turkey hunting with my kids. Then hopefully draw a spring bear tag in Washington. hiking with friends and family. Scouting new hunting spots, setting trail cameras up through the summer. Come fall start fall bear and archery hunting deer and elk. Thank you for the great chance to try new gear.
Justin

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Co,
My skre shirt is same length as first lite shirt. Fwiw I don't know what side the first lite is as that info has been worn off long ago but they fit relatively the same.

idcuda

WKR
Idaho - turkey hunting, desert sheep scouting, shed hunting, and chasing bears. I'll be moving from the desert canyons to the mid-state forests.

I'd like to give it a try Colorado spring turkey, deer, elk, hopefully a sheep and goat hunt in there, Wyoming antelope, and whatever my kids draw in New Mexico

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for your review and another opportunity to participate in our own review! If I get an opportunity to review this gear, it will be mostly Western Washington Cascade Mountain hunting, scouting, and hiking through various elevations and terrains; from high mountain to deep swamps. Depending on my Spring Bear draw, I may spend some time in the Eastern Washington Blue Mountains as well. If I strike out on Spring Bear, I will get out for a couple of coyote hunts to take these out for a preliminary trial in spring and early summer. Then overnight backpack trips to help a friend scout for Muleys and then my own blacktail and elk scouting. September for elk, and again based on potential tag draws, elk season may happen in one of the Eastern WA units. No elk draw will result in an OTC Western WA backpack hunt. Deer hunting will be high Cascade hunts for blacktail in September and Nov-Dec, with potential for a few days of Mule Deer in Eastern WA if an opportunity presents itself. Bear will be Aug - Nov with a couple of trips planned in different areas, based on my success along the way. All big game hunts will be archery unless I draw a multi-season tag for elk which may result in some rifle hunting as well. My brother in law will also be hiking the Pacific Crest Trail after he graduates from college, and I could wear this on a 4 day tag-along leg of his trip.

Would be happy to put these through the paces during spring turkey (overnight trip) and shed hunting in Northern Utah. Would also like to try them while working for the tree company during inclement weather, the carharts just aren't great when wet.
I am also willing to spend the time to document using them and provide a well written review.

Pig_Pen

FNG
For the first time in a few years the boss man has approved all of my spring and fall vacation. This spring has three turkey tags in my pocket, both IL and Mo. There is no fear of getting them bloody however as these public land birds are my kryptonite. I will be playing sidekick/camp cook for a buddy and his family on his Mt elk hunt and then heading to Co for my own. All of that topped with local IL public land hunts.

I haven't tested anything hunting related prior to purchasing it, like many I am sure. What an incredible opportunity. I'm in Ca, and have ample opportunity to pig hunt southern central Ca public lands year round, with some opportunity for turkey. We have had plenty of rain thus far, in the areas I pig hunt, with much more predicted. So, I expect to have the opportunity to utilize the SKRE product(s) in a variety of weather conditions numerous times from now through summer. The vast majority of my pig trips will be short (a few days and nights) pack in trips. packing in from 5 to 10 miles and setting up camp, hunting and then packing out. I give my gear a workout, and will do the same with the SKREE, and take plenty of pics to showcase how it performs in a variety or ways (durability, comfort, weather handling...). If permitted to keep their product(s), I will continue to use them through the seasons, and provide updates.

Last edited:
I would love to try some of the clothing. I will be backpack hunting blacktail deer and bear in the wilderness areas of Northern California with a bow and rifle from August to October. I spend a lot of time scouting before season and fishing the backcountry lakes, but wear my hunting clothing for the trips. I also do a lot of predator hunting and upland game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The best thing about these contests is getting to read the huge variety of hunting that Roksliders engage in. Hunting truly is countrywide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk