SKRE Complete Review (+ Giveaway!!!), by Travis Bertrand

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was I wrong in my assumption that this was for spring adventures?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Was I wrong in my assumption that this was for spring adventures?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
That's how I interpreted the post. Not much spring hunting around here for me besides bear and turkey. But seems like other interpreted it differently and are including fall hunts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it was geared towards spring hunts because we'd like some feedback earlier rather than later. It's OK they're posting about fall as the likely will use the gear then too, but we're gonna draw from the winners who have opportunity for use this spring. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnTheJohn

FNG
Cool giveaway guys , thanks for the opportunity, , as always buying the sportsmans pack so a handful of ID tags, also shed hunting, if this snow ever goes away. At least spring bear, a wolf hunt trip or 2. and spring turkey.

I moved from ID to CO in 2014......I miss the Sportsmans pack from ID, best all around money for Tags + opportunity to harvest!

OnTheJohn

FNG
I'll be doing a spring Turkey hunt in KS. Archery Elk & possibly Mule Deer at timberline in Colorado in September. Back to KS in October for a Whitetail hunt with my son. Most likely will pick up a left over late season rifle tag for cow elk in November.

Clarktar

WKR
If I pull my spring bear tag I will use it then. Hard to run it on a hunt outside of that for me.

I will also be on a spring turkey hunt in Oregon. As well as my usual spring training hikes etc..

bwlacy

WKR
I'd love to try out the Hardscrabble line from SKRE. This spring I'll be turkey hunting in Michigan. That's about the only spring hunting around here. I'll be doing training hikes in my gear also.

Matt

CorbLand

WKR
Waiting to hear back from a job here in Utah. If I get this job I will be hunting spring turkey. Then it will be onto scouting for archery deer and hopefully I get an limited entry elk tag. If I don't get the LE elk tag, I will either do the spike tag or over the counter elk tag in Utah. I am also hoping that I can throw an Idaho bear hunt in there if I can swing it with the deer tag.

If I don't get the job in Utah, there is a really solid chance I will be headed to work as a packer for a guide in Alaska. Can you ask for a better chance to test gear? 7 months in the back country of Alaska, using it everyday and asking the most out of it.

I read the review Travis wrote, and also got a chance to briefly look at the skre booth at the expo in Salt Lake City a couple weeks ago. I'd love to run the skre through the paces and post up a review! I'm in northern Utah and will be doing a lot of shed hunting (once it opens up in Utah on April 1st and Wyoming on may 1st, of course!). Also I'd use it as spring scouting rolls around, and there's a potential for me to go on an Idaho bear hunt this spring, so plenty of opportunity to get some good field time in the skre clothing! Thanks Robby for another great opportunity at a chance to win some great free gear!

edit: I completely forgot that I already committed to help a buddy out who has a spring LE turkey tag in northern Utah.

Last edited:

JDZ

WKR
Would use this spring in Texas canyon country and New Mexico doing training hikes and backpacking. Wide range of temps and conditions.

If I were to win, I'd continue to use the gear this fall for backcountry hunting in Idaho and wherever I'm lucky enough to draw a tag. Sept thru Jan.

4ester

WKR
Always looking at trying some different quality gear. I would put them through the paces on a variety of experiences including but not limited to; spring bear hunting, horn hunting, summer scouting, elk and deer hunting. They would be used for both day hunts and multiple day backpacking trips.

Thank you for the opportunity.

so stoked another company is putting hipzips in their pants. its a must if you hunt in warm weather. luckily drew a tag in april for our state axis deer hunt here in hawaii and I would love to put the hardscrabbles to the test. after that i'll be bowhunting for axis deer and mouflon sheep all through the summer. planning on doing a backpacking trip on top of haleakala volcano at 10k elevation too. it wont all be hot and sunny. thanks for the opportunity

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Im in would run them chasing Turkey in the Colorado Rockies. Thanks for the opportunity.

NDGuy

WKR
I am a relative newcomer to Western hunting as my first trip was last fall to the Badlands of ND. I GOT HOOKED! If I win I want to really put it to the test since I have heard it is a very adaptive jacket. I will be using it everywhere from cool/windy days here in ND for waterfowl, pheasants and whitetails to chasing rutting muleys out in WY and Montana for the rifle season (If I draw in WY) also am putting in for a cow Elk tag and planning hunting late November. I would love the opportunity to try the jacket out and write up a review after my season using it.

I am expecting my first child in July so this would be an awesome surprise for me with my budget constraints coming up! HA!

Thanks Rokslide and Skre!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Roksliders, It's March 8 and time for the draw.

First thanks for all the entries- very interesting to read about the variety of hunting that you guys are engaged in.

Per the rules, I qualified the entries and narrowed it down to those with spring testing opportunity/ability to give feedback. Then used Random,org to pull a winner for the Hardscrabble Jacket and Pants

realunlucky

I guess our longtime Rokslide member needs to change his screen name!

So as long as he chimes in on this thread by 3/10 and fires me an email at [email protected] with sizing/shipping info, the SKRE gear is his (if he's asleep for the next three days, then I'll draw for another winner.)

Then watch this thread as he'll be posting feedback on the SKRE gear as he hunts Utah & Montana Bears with a Turkey hunt thrown in the mix!

Thanks everyone. Watch for more SKRE on Rokslide in the coming months.

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats man! Looking forward to the feedback! Big thanks to Robby and Skre for giving us the chance!

Sent from handheld device with tiny keyboard.

Congrats it's about time you won something I've seen your name in a few drawings that were narrowed down or re drawn.