SKRE Complete Review (+ Giveaway!!!), by Travis Bertrand

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hot damn! This will change a crappy long drive to California into a great day. Never have had a chance to review anything but I'll do my best to put these though the paces and give an honest review. Email incoming Robby. Thanks again guys what an awesome chance

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also draw results for Utah come out by Friday hopefully this is just the start of my LUCKY streak. So awesome

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll have to get with Robby and see where the best place to post my review will be. I'll start here for now

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hot damn! This will change a crappy long drive to California into a great day. Never have had a chance to review anything but I'll do my best to put these though the paces and give an honest review. Email incoming Robby. Thanks again guys what an awesome chance

Stopped for lunch and found out I was the winner. After reading Travis' review that the hardscrabble ran small and checking the SKRE website size chart I had a couple sizing questions. I'm normally a 36/36 but since they run small the 36t probably wasn't going to work and 38 only came in regular. I decided to give customer service a call and see what they thought would be best. Call was promptly are answered by Mike who informed me yes it's a good idea to size up but that SKRE will pay shipping both ways until I achieved the fit I needed. What company does that? Amazing feature for guys unable to try stuff on.

Since they were located in St George Utah and I was driving to southern California I was going right though there. I asked Mike if they had a show room to stop and check out the whole product lineup. No show room but Mike would let me check out some stuff at the warehouse.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Showed up at the warehouse and met up with Mike. Since SKRE is relatively new they have a pretty small staff with the team members taking on multiple roles. I knew Mike was pretty busy but he didn't try and rush me in and out. Come to find out 38 regular were a perfect fit. The regulars have a 34 inseam so damn generous considering most brands. Mike also mentioned they would be bring back some tall sizing from the feed back they got at expo. Being a guy with long arms and legs this was great news.

I'm a guy that shops for good deals on great gear. This usually means I'm a hodgepodge of different brands and camo patterns not for everyone but hey leaves a little for the kids college fund at the end of the day. This is what interested me most about SKRE the value of gear they had for the money.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The SKRE product lineup is pretty impressive for a company 3 years in. It was great to be able to handle the various pieces and ask questions about it. SKRE has been listening to users feedback to add all the little details that sometimes get lost getting a product to market. I was impressed at the craftsmanship while randomly picking various pieces off the rack from the western expo show. Pick a article out pull it out and check the stitching and zippers and what not. Now I didn't find anything out of the ordinary but Mike admitted it could happen but SKRE customer service would be there to make it right if it did.

I enjoyed the opportunity to check out the product line. Thier puffy was damn nice and I regret not trying to make a deal for one on the expo rack. I did spend my own hard earned money on a shirt and hat to run along side the hardscrabble set. Mike and I shot the shit about performance camo, Utah hunting, and SKRE business vision for much longer than either of us anticipated. Now on to the actual review

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be clear all my items were pulled from the bins at the warehouse after I got there nothing was sorted to influence this review. Picking the hardscrabble up mid road trip means detailed inspection happened at the hotel.
ab467bd24f51593990f8ea5a6048781d.jpg

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has to be the quickest the product has gotten into someone's hands after winner. Happy for you unlucky!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Travis did an excellent review but I just wanted to add a couple points that stuck out to me. Button on the hardscrabble pants feels very heavy duty I lost one on some original sitka accents not fun
4692a6fd38c2766049be76de4fc42728.jpg

Belt loops also nice sized to and stitched at the top to keep belt nice and flat even with wieght in the pockets

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really enjoy the cut of the hardscrabble jacket. Normally I have to size up to XXL to get enough arm sleeve length. Again ample length for tall guys. Thank you SKRE first xl jacket I've tried that fit torso and sleeve. Mike also mentioned that they would be doing a tall version as well with a slightly longer torso length.

I also typically dislike hoods but hardly notice the hardscrabble hood at all. I did try it out and think it's good sized to cover your head with or without a hat
c303fd407b658602f1c46b9250c5ef8d.jpg
also looks like they have fix the cuff Velcro issue.

The SKRE logo is pretty sharp looking and is embroidered beautifully​ but I'm personally not a fan of it on the sleeve and left breast(also left shoulder on shirt). Just to much of a good thing maybe.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Be working the next couple weeks in California than I'll try and start putting the hardscrabble though the paces.

Can you give your take on the double zippered fly . I always forget its double and find my fly open , no rolling commando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have to get with Robby and see where the best place to post my review will be. I'll start here for now

Right here. We're all subscribed to the thread any way

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you give your take on the double zippered fly . I always forget its double and find my fly open , no rolling commando

I'll have to remember to keep an eye on mine than.
dff86e3518f807c539d676705885e9ef.jpg
I understand the basic concept of this design but don't think it is a function I'll use.

Fyi for those with early model pants.Mike commented that they added some fly zipper length do to feed back. I held a couple other pants up next to the hardscrabble and they all seem to have the same length zipper.