SKRE Complete Review (+ Giveaway!!!), by Travis Bertrand

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders, we started testing SKRE Extreme Mountain Gear clothing last fall (Ultralight and Durable Hunting Gear & Apparel | Skre Gear).

Travis Bertrand was one of those testers. He's back with his final review AND we've paired with SKRE to put a few flagship pieces into one Rokslide member's hands for further review.

In Travis' review, you'll see the Hardscrabble Jacket and Pant (along with many other pieces). SKRE was generous enough to put up a set of the Hardscrabble for giveaway to a member willing to test and post up his thoughts on this thread after some significant use.

So if you're not a flake, and you have a good opportunity to put some time in the field with the Hardscrabble Jacket and Pant this spring, and can post up some thoughts and photos within a month or so of receiving the gear, get your entry in below.

To enter, read Travis' review here: Review: SKRE Complete Layering System

Then post up where/how you'll run the gear in the field. State and activity will get you entered, one entry per person please.

I'll run the drawing on March 8th.

If you don't want to keep checking the thread, subscribe at Thread Tools, top of the post, and you'll be notified on thread updates.

attachment.php

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to give these a try. I'll be doing a spot and stalk bear hunt in Montana with a couple buddies applied for a Utah LaSalle bear tag. Will be hunting turkeys in the boulders here in Utah maybe a trip out to Missouri to chase eastern turkeys. Will also be be shed hunting three states this year. When some of you guys finally invite me for Idaho bear I'll be doing that too. Haha. Great review Travis

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I also would like to try them. Will be hog hunting in TX, spring turkey is ND & MN, heading to Wyoming to scout antelope and move some blinds. Heading to MT/WY border at 10,000 feet to scout elk. Hopefully doing some whitetail scouting in SD on a return swing. Also shed hunting, stand moving etc.

Blacktail deer in western wa and turkey in eastern wa. Maybe some duck hunting and upland game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
Cool giveaway guys , thanks for the opportunity, , as always buying the sportsmans pack so a handful of ID tags, also shed hunting, if this snow ever goes away. At least spring bear, a wolf hunt trip or 2. and spring turkey.

Last edited:
Archery Pig hunt in March , Turkey hunting then scouting for August deer hunting
N. California

It would be cool to test this out. I will be heading to okalahoma for a pig hunt in may, turkey and bear in wy (April-June), backcountry deer wy in September, backcountry elk wy in September, Rokslide Wyoming Rondy in the wind river mountains of Wyoming.

I'll be shed hunting this spring and bear hunting montana mostly day trips. Can't get out until after April 21st though.

IdahoElk

WKR
Idaho spring Turkey,Fall archery Elk and rifle Deer,Nebraska archery Deer,out in the field 50-60 days a year.
Thanks for the chance!

Clarktar

WKR
If I pull my spring bear tag I will use it then. Hard to run it on a hunt outside of that for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
I'd also love to give these a try! Hog hunting and turkey hunting in oklahoma

Id love to give it a try, would mostly be hiking for sheds and sitting and glassing intermittent. Would like to try something light and breathable but blocks wind while glassing, will also be chasing and calling dogs in march and april in the central cascades of eastern washington. Will range in temp from mid 60s to freezing. Will also be fishing the columbia river for walleye where usually layer up and need something to block the wind. Will be out and about to give it a good honest review and then highcountry backpacking muleys and bulls later in the fall.

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
N. Idaho hunting early to late seasons for everything. Plenty of early season woods time. I'm a knuckle dragging fireman that breaks about everything I get a hold of. Glad to see hunting clothing tech catching up to mountaineering clothing; believe I could provide a good evaluation. And I'm not big on mixing words.

Hunter6

WKR
I'm up for trying and testing something new.
I will be spring turkey hunting in the blue mts of Oregon. I'm planning at least two camping trips during turkey season. One trip will be back country for 3-5 days and at least one car camping trip for a long weekend. I will also be doing multiple day trips. I'm shed hunting the blues also (found two today). A friend also got a spring bear tag so I will probably tag along with him a time or two.
I will also be going on multiple family camping (scouting) trips from the end of turkey season throughout the summer.

Follow me on Instagram @hunter_hindman

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be cool to test this out. I will be heading to okalahoma for a pig hunt in may, turkey and bear in wy (April-June), backcountry deer wy in September, backcountry elk wy in September, Rokslide Wyoming Rondy in the wind river mountains of Wyoming.

I didn't know they had pigs in ok. Pretty cool

focker34

Lil-Rokslider
I would be interested in trying them out.

In the next month I will be archery hunting pigs in Northern California, backpack turkey hunting (also Northern California), setting trail cams if weather permits (nevada and California), not to mention shed hunting to fill in the blanks on days I don't have a hunt planned or work (nevada/northern California). I may go out with a buddy after some bobcat/coyotes, but that will be in the next week (nevada). I will probably go for just coyotes after that at least once in the next month as well. Not to mention lots of backpack cardio here in western Nevada.

If there is a certain climate/condition they would like the hardscrable set tested under, I will likely be experiencing it in the next month or so considering it's already starting to feel like the shoulder season around here.

Thanks for the opportunity and thanks to Travis for the very unbiased and thorough review.

Tagging in to just read the reviews. I've already purchased the majority of their lineup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Travis,

How is the length on the tops? So far I have only been able to wear older model First Lite clothing in order to get enough length. Would you say it's closer to Sitka or First Lite in length? I also have very big legs, are they as roomy in the thighs/butt as Sitka or tight like Kuiu and FL?

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
These look pretty neat. I'm a gear whore and love trying new gear, mostly to see what niche it will fill. Especially since I've dropped almost 100lbs so far this year, I can fit into more of this "athletic cut" stuff.
Starting April 1st I'll be running and gunning after Oregon bears from the coastal forest to the cascades. Then this fall I'll be going after fall bear, then bow hunting elk then rifle hunting muley's, so there a lot of variables in there to test them in.
I'd love to see how they hold up to the varied terrain and climates.
Thanks for the great review and chance at trying them out!

Sent from handheld device with tiny keyboard.