First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

I have been saving up for my own Uncompahgre Puffy Jacket and would be thrilled to win one in the new Cipher pattern. The money I'd save by winning this jacket would free up a good chunk of change to throw at other essential First Lite gear. I'm saving and budgeting to buy a few more pieces to complete a solid layering kit. I currently own a set of the Boundary Stormtight raingear and plan to build my layering system from the outside, in (not on purpose.) So naturally, the Uncompahgre should come next. I'll cover the Halstead Tech, Corrugate pants, and all the base layers myself. :D
2017 will be my first year back in the woods after a 7 year hiatus. I can't say exactly how or why I hung up my hunting boots but I'm finally committed to diving back into the swing of things. I plan on taking every opportunity to get back in the woods. I'll knock the dust off things by hunting turkeys this spring in Central Washington. Later this summer I'll be making the most of a handful of scouting trips to hunt Bear, and grouse in South Central and South West Washington. If I'm lucky I'll get over to Northern Idaho to hunt Bear with dogs before I make the switch to Muzzleloader Elk in Western Washington. Finally I'll take my chances with Deer in Washington and also a few trips to Idaho for Mule Deer and Whitetail. Together, all of these trips should give me ample opportunity to test out and make the most of that brand new Uncompahgre.

Silentstalker

Lil-Rokslider
I would like the vapor storm light rain jacket. I already have the uncompahgre puffy jacket and I love it!

I will use it on my backpacking hunt into the Wyoming backcountry. It's size and weight would really help lighten my pack on a hunt where rain and typically snow can be in the forecast!

Thanks to First Lite for quality clothing and a great giveaway!

Juice

FNG
Thanks Rokslide, Jordan, and First Lite for the review information and sweet giveaway!

My choice would be the vapor stormlight rain jacket as I have my first backpack hunt planned for CO this year and don't have a lightweight rain jacket. I think the pattern and durability would suit my style well. Additionally, the jacket would do awesome in the turkey and deer woods this spring and fall.

Jordan thanks again for taking me along on your adventures.

bourbon

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to have a new Uncompahgre...reason being is that 2 years ago I finally bought one and on my first day ever wearing it I burned a huge hole in the back and down one arm on the stove in my shelter. Ive worn it since a few times, but the insulation is literally falling out. 😐

I think the new pattern looks very versatile and I could wear it whitetail hunting here in the east, elk.hunting out west if I ever get to go and even waterfowl hunting in Arkansas.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone!

So awesome the amount of response we've got on this thread, really appreciate everyone participating. I'm going to close this thread at 8pm mountain, Saturday night. Then gather all entries and draw a name to be announced on Monday. Good luck sliders!

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could really use the puffy jacket. I have no quality hunting clothing and could shed some serious weight with the Uncompahgre during my backpack hunts. I mainly hunt the western sierra nevada's in California and I think it would blend in very well to the rocky terrain at and above the treeline. It would be great to have a light weight puffy jacket for when the temperatures and weather can change so unexpectedly in the high sierra's. Thanks!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alright Roksliders.. I know everyone is anxious. So here are the winners:

UNCOMPAHGRE PUFFY JACKET - Username: bowbeck

VAPOR STORMLIGHT JACKET - Username: Matt21418

Congratulations to you two! Shoot me a PM with your size and shipping information.

Really appreciate everyone's participation on this thread. I'm really impressed with this new pattern and the items from First Lite that I have been trying out. Hit me up with any questions you have on the clothing or pattern! Also, I will be posting a thread in the Sheep forum on the recent Tiburon trip very soon.

Thanks again everyone,
Jordan

trom2k

FNG
Congrats to the winners! And thanks for the opportunity to participate Rokslide and FL.

I would have looked SO good in that puffy....;-)

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats Guys, but damn it I wanted to win

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Jordan, Rokslide, and First Lite for the opportunity I look forward to using the rain jacket!!!

Greg Beck

WKR
Thanks a million Jordan, Rokslide and First Lite for this giveaway!! I can't wait to put the Uncompahgre Puffy to good use!! Thanks again!!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Matt got his stormlight jacket and provided some great information on sizing. Hopefully helps some that have been asking about size! I'm personally 5' 10" with 32 waist and the medium fits me best.

"The jacket is awesome fit is spot on for me at 5'11" and 180 (athletic build) for the large size. It fits great over the kifaru puffy! I love the pattern and it will be awesome up here in the Texas panhandle where I live and the lightness and packability of the jacket will be amazing for the back country elk hunting as well. All in all this jacket gets an A+ with me for initial impressions and fit, I am hoping for long term wear ability as well."

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
Here are a couple pictures

With the kifaru puffy underneath.

ee5606227495dfaee726593f616334fe.jpg

Just normal clothes underneath

4f9efe797b13c7ff2050c89a0766441e.jpg

Definitely has a more athletic cut (slimmer) than a kryptec koldo large but still allows all normal movement.

Matt

Gorp2007

WKR
Definitely has a more athletic cut (slimmer) than a kryptec koldo large but still allows all normal movement.

Matt

Any input from the First Lite guys (or anyone else for that matter) on how the Uncompahgre would fit relative to the Stormlight?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any input from the First Lite guys on how the Uncompahgre would fit relative to the Stormlight?

I have a medium in both and I wear the stormlight over the puffy with no problems. Good in the sleeves, and compresses the puffy slightly in the body but not enough to make any warmth difference. The puffy fits a little looser in the body than the rain jacket basically. Not a lot different just a slightly different cut.

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
Any input from the First Lite guys on how the Uncompahgre would fit relative to the Stormlight?

I do not own the puffy but from my other experiences with firstlite gear it is designed as a system and I would expect the large uncompahgre to fit in a similar fashion to the stormlite. It would be designed to run a couple/few base layers underneath. If you normally wear a large I would buy a large, do not go up a size due to this design. I actually did buy an uncompahgre last year and was unsure of sizing so I bought xl, I was also 30 lbs heavier, it was on the borderline of to big, after loosing weight of as well as my base layers were all to large. I ended up selling and going with large in everything and it has worked perfect, just didn't go back with the uncompahgre ended up with the kifaru puffy. Hope this helps.

Matt

Greg Beck

WKR
I keep forgetting to post about the Uncompahgre Puffy so here goes. Initial impressions : loved it from the start, love the pattern, light and packable. When I first tried it on I was impressed, thought it fit great. I ordered an XL. 5'10" 210 lbs for reference, broad shoulders and long arms. 6'2 3/4" wingspan. After wearing the puffy a couple of times for some hikes I started noticing where maybe a Large would have fit better??? A little baggy through the stomach, arms plenty long, however when stretching arms out sleeves are perfect. I really wouldn't want it any snugger in the shoulders though. So overall very impressed and happy with the Uncompahgre Puffy. One of my hikes was a blustery, rainy morning and I stayed warm and dry! So thanks again Rokslide, First Lite, and Jordan!!!!