First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

TheTone

WKR
For me it would be the Vapor Stormlight rain jacket for use in North Idaho. Our falls can be incredibly wet and rainy. Quality rain gear has the ability here to have you out hunting while others are in camp or home staying dry.

I'd love the vapor storm light. This year is my third year hunting blacktails in western Washington and the weather has kept me out of the alpine more than a time or two because I haven't been able to afford rain gear. This year I'm going on a trip to hunt elk in the olympics which will be a rainfest as well. I need to get rain gear before then, but I would love to try out some good gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
The Vapor stormlight would be great for the wet weather we seem to always get in N Idaho in Sept. It would get a good workout for sure, because no matter what week I take off we get our share of rain . Then on in october and November I would probably use it all the time for whitetail season

Last edited:

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to be able to try out the Uncompahgre Puffy Jacket in the new Cypher pattern. I will be hunting in 3 very distinct scenarios this year, and I think the uncompahgre in cypher pattern would fit them all. First off I will be turkey hunting in Wisconsin this upcoming spring. I utilize a run and gun style to my turkey hunting, so a ground blind is not an option. I will need full concealment with a pattern that works for an early season timber area without much vegetation. Second, I will be heading to Idaho to do some Elk hunting in mid September. The temps usually are cool to cold in the early morning and late evening, which will bring the insulation of the uncompahgre puffy jacket into play. Plus the cypher pattern will work great in the open sage brush areas, and timbered forest. Lastly, I will be tree stand hunting in Iowa for mature whitetails during the rut. With the lack of leaf cover, the cypher pattern should blend right in with the bare trees and should break up my pattern from alert bucks and does that cross my path. The puffy jacket will keep me warm as an outer layer or a mid layer on those mid to late November mornings. All three are very different hunts. However, I can see a benefit to using the puffy Jacket in the cypher pattern for all of them. Either way I do know I will be using my first light llano and halstead fleece without any reservations. The uncompahgre puffy in the new cypher pattern would just cap off a great system from First Lite.

Bl704

WKR
I'd love to try out the vapor stormlight in NC where we can run from 80-90+ on a fall whitetail sit or 50-70 for a sporting turkey hunt and then have the bottom drop out with a sudden rain storm. The packability and light weight shouldn't take up much room.

God willing it would also fit a similar bill for a Colorado elk hunt where the storms also seem to quickly creep over a ridge.

Pig_Pen

FNG
I would lean towards the Vapor stormlight rain jacket. I currently use a military issued goretex for my rain gear. It sheds the water but it is like wrapping my self in a sweat suit for cutting weight prior to a fight.
I chase turkeys and whitetail here in Illinois on public land and some of my best hunts include riding out a storm in the tree. My local competition stays home on rainy days while I ride it out for that prime movement right before or after a storm.
This would also be a great addition to my pack for my CO elk trips that started out as "once every few years" to me bivy hunting in whitetail woods just to try out new gear.

Greg Beck

WKR
Tough choice!! I would love to have the Uncompahgre Puffy!!! I would use it on my mule deer and elk hunts here on Idaho. Also use it for waterfowl later in the season. Would be awesome to win as our awesome growing family puts restraints on the hunting budget!!! Thanks for the chance!!

choovhntr

WKR
I'd love an Uncompahgre for my late November western Montana mule deer hunt this year. It's gonna be a cold one and would love to see how well the puffy will work.

As I already have the uncompahgre, I would take the vapor stormtight jacket. I would love to put it to the test on my deer and elk hunts in utah, a high county deer hunt in wyoming and maybe...just maybe some hunting in Alaska :D A good rain jacket is an upgrade that I need. The lightweight rain jacket I have now gets the job done most of the time, but an upgrade would be great and would allow me to be more comfortable in the back country, and more prepared for when weather hits. This would be especially nice for the high country this summer/fall since the weather can change so fast up there, and if things work out and I get to go to Alaska then I'm sure I would have it on more than off...

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
I would love the stormlight rain jacket. I will be bow hunting for elk and deer in oregon and rifle hunting in idaho and high country muley hunting in arizona after. All of the areas i hunt would be a good fit pattern wise and especially in oregon rain is always a possibility. I would love to try it out and be happy to give a review. It would get a lot of use. Thanks for the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gehri1tm

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for this chance to win! I'd like to try the Uncompahgre Puffy in cipher for November whitetail hunts from the stand and waterfowl hunts.

Choice: Vapor storm light rain jacket

Why: I can give this a big man's review (6'4", 270lbs, all FL XXL fits perfect). I can sweat a lot and want to see how the FL system keeps me dry inside and out. I own most FL base and mid-layers already.

I'd use it for midwest Turkey in the spring, camping in the summer, and Whitetail hunts in the fall in the Midwest.
Thanks!

captchet

FNG
As a career firefighter I know how to put gear through its paces. I have tested tons of gear in the past 20 years. I would be able to put either item through rigorous testing not only in the hunting arena but also in the public safety sector also. As a water rescue instructor the puffy would serve as a insulation layer under my dry suit and the storm lite could be used to stay dry during teaching sessions. Believe me, responders are always looking to improve on what they wear and look for high tech clothing from the hunting industry. I also am hunting archery in Colorado this September and have yet to purchase a puffy or rain gear due to buying other essentials (tent, pack, bag, pad, etc.) I also stand hunt eastern whitetail and either would serve me well and would be tested still and stand hunting. Lastly, the CFO of the house would find it extremely awesome to not have to write another check for gear purchases, lol.

Thanks and be safe!
Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I would absolutely love to test the uncomphagre jacket! I hunt Backcountry elk and Mule Deer, and we've been looking at switching some of our Kuiu for First-Lite. I hunt Idaho.

matthewmt

WKR
I don't own any FL or any other hunting brand clothing at the moment (working on it for coming fall ).
If I was to pick I would choose the Uncompahgre puffy. I hunt in Northwest Montana, more snow conditions but it can rain a bit too. Having a light down layer thats capable of shedding some moisture would be worth its weight in gold in the high country.

Thanks,

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Browtine

WKR
Vapor Stprmlight for me. I'd use it for Co archery elk hunt. Would be perfect for those afternoon showers. Thanks for doing this giveaway!

2rivers

FNG
The puffy Uncompagre I would use it on the Idaho late season hunts. Last year I was bowhunting in december in -20 degrees plus. The wind chill made it even colder. I would love to do a review of this in the river bottoms and sage flats. PC130025.jpg

Puffy jacket!!! Plan on using first lite gear this year for waterfowl hunting up in Wisconsin. Need this jacket to finish out the set! Would be great to have to keep me warm! Thanks for the great opportunity to win a great piece from a great company!

Uncompahgre puffy jacket. I would use it on any cold days going to work. Use it during sept, Oct, and November hunting in idaho and Arizona. Would also be used in the brisk spring mornings shed, bear, and turkey hunting.