First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

focker34

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in. Looking at the vapor stormlight for my escapades in Northern California for turkeys and pigs. Probably use it for my blacktail hunts up there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
Well ... if I were the lucky winner, I'd love to wear, test, and report on the Uncompahgre.

I'd be using it here in New Zealand, also known as Aotearoa, which is almost as hard to say correctly as the jacket itself.

Why would it be a good choice?

1. Because I moved here from Australia, where my place got to 45 Celcius (113 Fahrenheit for you northerners), so I'm now cold throughout most of the year! The Uncompahgre would be a perfect antidote and help me stay outdoors for longer.

2. Because I have a baby on the way, and things are a bit tight.

3. Because First Lite needs to have more gear - and more people turning others onto it - here in NZ! I'll be more than happy to rave about it to the local guys.

(Oh, and I have a remailing service in the US, so would be happy to pay for the international shipping. :D)

But, whether I win or not, congrats to FL on the new line, and thanks again for all you do for us in the field.

Please put my name in the hat for the unpronounceable puffy. I have recently purchased FL base layers and a pair of Kanab 2.0's. The puffy would be used during my first elk coming up this October in Montana. I'm currently in the process of accumulating gear to take. I've made some purchases that I'm not real happy with. And since my FL base layers are the absolute best I've tried, I'd love to try the puffy along with any other FL gear i purchase. I would be willing to write up a review of all the clothing purchased so far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I have FL merino base layers and the rain jacket. I'd love to try the uncompahgre on my Idaho spring bear and Nebraska fall whitetail. I have a buddy that does photography going with me to Idaho. Should make for a good review with photos.

Stwrt9

WKR
Uncompahgre Puffy Jacket
This is a tough choice. While i would love to own a Vapor Stormlight Rain Jacket i know that for the purposes of this contest and need for an honest review i feel it would be best served to choose the Uncompahgre Jacket, as that would get the most use. For me hunting in the rain doesn't happen enough to justify an expensive rain jacket. Hunting in the cold is a completely different story and the Uncompahgre is something that would get a ton of use. It would be the perfect piece to replace my cheap down puffy that i use for my insulation. It would serve me well in the Colorado high country glassing for elk. The Uncompahgre would get a multitude of use throughout my Pennsylvania hunting seasons as i typically spend upwards of over 100 days in the field hunting Deer, Bear, Small Game and Predators. Whats best about the Uncompaghre Jacket is it is also something that would work great for wearing around town as well. This kind of versitility in a piece of gear is an essential part of maximizing function in a piece of gear! Thanks for the opportunity and hopefully I will be able to give you a solid review of this Jacket.

CM

WKR
Uncompahgre puffy jacket. I would use it this spring on bear hunts in Idaho and Wyoming and in the fall for elk and deer in Idaho and Utah.

Squirrels

WKR
For me it would be the rain jacket. The rain jacket I currently own has more leaks than Wiki. I'd love to give it a test in early fall in Idaho and Colorado. Then continue testing its abilities back here at home during whitetail season and then for spring turkey season. I'd also wear it as a rain jacket any other day of the year. If it can handle all that it will get a stamp of approval. Not that you need it or anything!

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to enter for the Vapor stormlight rain jacket.

This would be a perfect fit for hunting the western slopes of the Cascade Mountains and Olympic Mountains of Western Washington. I hunt throughout the year, and throughout the year we get a good amount of rainfall. During a typical year, I tend to find many opportunities to get wet from the rain! Use will be for scouting starting in April/May, spring bear in April (hopefully I get drawn!), archery deer and elk (September - December), fall bear, and camping/hiking throughout the year. Working on getting out for a coyote hunt this spring as well.

Thank you for the review and another great opportunity to test out some gear and provide feedback.

mhoff15

FNG
Umcompaghre puffy jacket.
I would use it as an insulating layer as well as an outer shell while hunting, fishing, and hanging out with my wife/kids during Iowa's fall and winter months.

Stickinit

FNG
This is an awesome opportunity, and comes at the right time for me. I'm in for the Vapor Stormlight Rain Jacket. I was just looking at upgrading my current rain jacket from Cabelas that has seen its better days. I would use it for spring bear, and elk/deer this fall. Also planning an Alaska trip next year, which I'm sure would get some action. Thanks for the chance.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update

HELLO SLIDERS!

Just an update on this thread. The winners will be announced the 26th of this month. I realize it's quite a wile, however next Tuesday I head back to Mexico filming 2 Desert Sheep hunts on Tiburon Island. Will be a 10 day hunt, and we'll draw when I get back. I'll be sporting my Cipher down there this trip as well. I'll be updating my facebook and instagram as I can throughout the hunt if you want to see what we're up to! I'll also try and keep updates coming on here as possible.

FB: Jordan Anne Budd
IG: @jordan.budd

Thanks for the support everyone!

trom2k

FNG
Uncompahgre puffy jacket

I currently have no decent insulation layers and froze my tail off while sitting during the Utah extended archery hunt last season. I'm also trying to build up a clothing system and this would be the first piece. I plan to hunt Utah archery and most likely the extended season as well and this jacket would come in very handy on some planned trips in varying habitat. I'd be happy to provide a write up for this piece. Thanks Rokslide and FL for the opportunity!

D_Eightch

WKR
Throw my name in the hat for that Uncompahgre puffy jacket!

I would put this bad boy to use on my first Archery trip in Idaho chasing Elk this September and chasing mulies in western NoDak this fall. I just about have my clothing all figured out and this would be the icing on the cake for me. Seems perfect for those cool ND mornings and you can't go wrong with one in the mountains of Idaho glassing for those Rutting bulls in September either (obviously, with the roots of the company).

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
Uncompahgre Puffy

I would be using this mainly in Central Idaho chasing bugling bulls and high country deer as well as in North Idaho on shorter weekend hunts near home. This would be a great piece that I would wear as an insulating layer in cold weather and as a perfect outer layer for those cold September mornings spent glassing.

Bitter24

FNG
I would love to test out the Vapor stormtight. I already have a puffy jacket, and need some rain gear. I would put it through it paces down here in Arizona this year during the Sept elk season, along with monsoons during early archery Coues deer season. Also planning on heading to CO this year for a highcountry muley hunt. Along with applying in NM, between all the different hunts would be able to provide a complete review on the Stormtight by FL. As always thanks for the great reviews and giveaways.

already have an uncompaghre and it probably doesnt rain enough where i hunt to merit a valid entry for the vapor stormlight so im out. thanks though for the opportunity though and best of luck to everyone and good luck in mexico jordan

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
Uncompahgre puffy for December/January Coues Deer hunting in Arizona. Looking for a replacement to my heavy cabelas hoodie jacket

usmc99

Lil-Rokslider
I'd sure take that vapor stormlight jacket. Headed to Alaska for a 10 day caribou hunt in the Talkeetna mountains in August/September. Need something light weight and packable that can handle the weather up there!

Nateinia

Lil-Rokslider
Vapor storm light for me. Already have the unspeakable one. I would use it here in Kentucky /Indiana for some spring hiking trips and possible turkey hunting.