First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

I would like to try out the uncompahgee puffy jacket. I will b doing a turkey hunt, bear hunt, and Oklahoma hog hunt here in the next couple months. I mainly do my hunting in Wyoming and on those cold mornings glossing bucks And bulls I could use an insulation layer to keep me warm. The jacket fits my hunting area because we do not get a lot of rain but the temperatures do get cold in the morning and evenings all year round. This jacket fits the Wyoming hunter.

92xj

WKR
Uncompahgre for me. In the near future I'll be chasing turkeys in NE Washington and SE Washington. Hoping to pull a SE Washington spring bear tag that the puffy would come in handy on. Later I'll be hunting archery season elk in Washington but really curious to try out the new cipher pattern on my November Montana deer hunt as well as waterfowl hunting in the none green grass of the late season marshes and fields. The temps range from 60 to -10 with 30 mph winds which would be an amazing test for the insulation, wind blocking and camo pattern of the uncompahgre.

Last edited:

Hunthigh1

WKR
I want the puffy! I will be chasing elk sheds and bear this spring in central Idaho as well as turkey in north Idaho. It would help me lighten the pack up a bit on my multi day hunts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmo033

FNG
I would love the puffy. I've got the kanab pants, stormtight jacket, Llano base and springer vest. All have performed well. I really need to upgrade my insulating layers and this would be ideal. Thank you Rokslide and Firstlite.

I already have First Lite base layers and love them. All i use. I have been looking real hard at the Unpronounceable for a while. I would love this puffy for hunting all over. But my real need is the rain gear. I would have to say I would take the Stormlight jacket due to needs at the moment. thanks for the chance!

Fireman5569

Lil-Rokslider
Uncompahgre for me also I would be using it on shed hunt in the Gunnison valley and it would be a nice lightweight addition to my gear especially on cold mountain mornings. It would also be great fo my 3rd season elk rifle hunt!

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Future son in law has talked me into a backpack muzzleloader hunt this fall . In doing a lot of research on hunting clothes I personally think Firstlite has the best all around product. The Stormlight jacket is what I'd like to win. It's not even a second thought. Tough,light and the best on the market. In the last month between Firstlite and Linton Outdoors I've invested heavily in this product and I'm extremely happy with the product s and their great customer service. Also they are a big supporter of backcountry hunting.

colersu22

WKR
For me I would benefit from the Vapor jacket. I own multiple pieces from First Lite but have never used any of there rain gear. When I started hunting a few years ago I didn't have much extra income for gear so living in western Washington hunting blacktail and elk I purchased a cheap pair of rain gear from Bass Pro for when the rain comes. Currently my rain pants have a couple rips from stickers and same with the jacket so I am in the market for some new rain gear. I would use the jacket for Turkey in April and If I get lucky and draw spring bear I would bring the vapor along as well. After spring turkey I would use the jacket for fall bear, early season deer/elk and late season deer/elk if I haven't filled my tags. I think the vapor would shine in western Washington late season when the rain feels never ending to help me stay out and hunt longer.

McGilvra

Lil-Rokslider
Uncompahgre for me- the Cipher pattern would be awesome in the late season forests I primarily hunt in the Midwest and be all-around awesome for a Montana mule deer hunt I am planning this fall. I made my first order of FL a few weeks ago and have been wearing the items a lot- love the comfort and utility of these garments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Lite has awesome gear, Would love to try out the vapor stormlight. Hunting in Maine for bear, turkey, deer and moose when lucky enough I think this pattern would blend in well to our dark timber. The vapor is perfect because its always raining, snowing, sleeting, you name it not the mention the wind here! great gear, great company, great review and looked like a great hunt for you Jordan!

acriss40

FNG
Uncompahgre in cipher would be it for me, this jacket would be warm and sturdy enough to handle late season hunts in my home state of Wyoming, and also when I take my hunts west to Idaho or south to Texas and Oklahoma, this jacket would give me the versatility to hunt wherever and not have to switch gears or style.

Loco4dux

WKR
Would love to give the Vapor Storm Light a try as I don't have any rain gear from First Lite, will be put to good use on my first Colorado Elk Hunt this year and my General season Utah Rifle deer tag where it often gets quite wet... spring turkeys in California, as well as a long rainy waterfowl season where it would see many many days of use. Most likely will be in the pack when hunting blacktails in August and September as well, and fingers crossed in Nevada antelope hunting!

Thanks for the opportunity.

mlawrence125

Lil-Rokslider
The unpronounceable would be a great addition to my line up! Upstate N.Y. gets cold and cipher would work very well four our rifle season. Snow on the ground with the brown of the trees makes it appear as there is a lot of open space. Thanks for the opportunity!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DIY HNTR

FNG
I would love to win the Uncompahgre puffy for my wife. She will be whitetail hunting with me for the first time this winter in Georgia. She just got her hunters safety recently out of nowhere decided she was going to try hunting with me. So now I'm trying to figure out how to get her some decent hunting clothing for deer season this year. I managed to find some First Lite base layers for her cheap, but she has no outeear yet. This would be great and I know she would give feedback because she does mystery shopping for extra money as a stay at home mom. She has to give feedback every day to companies. I wear all First Lite and it rocks! Fusion works excellent here in GA.

Last edited:

40watt

FNG
Hard to choose as I have no gear and am starting from scratch. I will choose the Uncompaghre. That will help me at least build a basic layering system.
This will be my first hunt. It may be used New Mexico archery elk, but more likely will be used hard in a 10 day Colorado elk hunt. Possibly even for Wyoming antelope. It will also be used in Oklahoma for whitetail season as well as some hog hunting.

mtnhunt

FNG
Id love the Uncompaghre. I hunt in western WA and in the late season it is just as hard to stay warm as it is to stay dry. Can get cold quick when its 30s and 40s and with lots of rain.

The vapor stormlight would be the best choice for me. I live and hunt in Western Washington. With my current gear I stay plenty warm just not always dry. It would also go very well with the other first lite gear I am slowly collecting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Uncompaghre cipher hoody would be a great addition to my kit. Would work well for my Alpine goat hunts and sturdy enough to handle hunting in the temperate rainforest I live in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rolando

FNG
I would really like to try an uncompahgre puffy. I mainly hunt in western KY for deer, and a puffy is a great article of clothing for late season in that area. I've tried Badlands and Core 4 Element pieces but haven't been satisfied with either. The Badlands isn't as warm as I'd like, and the C4E isn't very durable. I'd love to give the FL puffy a try. I feel it would be a great complement to my FL base layer (either Llano or Wilkin) and merino jacket.

topher89

WKR
Uncompahgre Puffy for me. I have been wanting to try one for my Colorado rifle cow elk and antelope hunts. I end up sitting and glassing a lot on these hunts and I think the Uncompahgre would be perfect for staying warm. I think the Cipher came would be a great pattern. I typically hunt the edges of sage and timber for elk and the Cipher will be perfect for those tan hues. Cipher also seems like a great pattern for the classic antelope country that I hunt. While I am a rifle hunter, I am looking to branch out into archery in the next few years. I am a hiker who became a hunter and most of my gear has solid colors. As I slowly add in camo gear, this jacket would be a great addition.

Last edited: