First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

The vapor stormlight would be my jacket of choice. I got caught in the middle of a few bad storms in MT last year, and my old rain gear won't be making the trip this year. This is one piece of gear that would never leave the pack! Thanks for the opportunity.

MT Bill

FNG
I'll throw my hat in for the uncompaghre puffy.

Here in NV I usually hunt elk, muley's and coyotes every year. With pronghorn thrown in when I get a chance. I also make it back up to my home state of MT on occasion for elk, muley's, and whitetails. The uncompaghre would be perfect for layering against the wide temperature swings we see in high desert hunting. It would also be great as a layer during those later season and mid winter outings that can get downright chilly.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Wow! what great looking jackets. I will use the Vapor Stormlight here in Washington on my hunts for elk as there is always rain to contend with.

oldgoat

WKR
I'd like the Vapor Stormlight jacket to use chasing elk in the Colorado Archery Season. Trying to lighten up my equipment as much as possible without having to rough it to much,

Tbuckus

WKR
Although both are items I would definitely wear, I'd like to give the storm light jacket a test here in Oregon.
Between spring time steelhead fishing/ spring bear and fall hunting for deer and elk, having a good rain coat is a must for me. I get grumpy when I get wet.
Fall hunting on the west side usually means I'm out in the nasty rain, trying to hike in deeper than others. I gen chuckar hunting on the east side can have some wet days.

xwiscony

FNG
Uncompahgre puffy jacket
This Jacket will go great with my FL base layers and help me hunt through the quick changing North Idaho and Wyoming weather.

moxford

Lil-Rokslider
I would vote for the Vapor Stormlight rain jacket as I already have an Uncompahgre (love that thing, wish it was quieter, but it's 100% a go-to piece!)

It would be worn in the mountains of California for both hunting (pigs, blacktail, mulie) and SAR work; packability and breathability are paramount, and it's often not dumping enough to warrant digging out (and then hauling around!) the heavyweight rain gear. Having a lightweight, packable, 37.5 shell would be a big win. It would also go to Colorado with me for Elk.

-mox

AKLoy

FNG
Nice write up! Picking up some Guide pants for myself soon. Were I to win the giveaway, I would choose the Vapor Stormlight Rain Jacket. I live in Anchorage, AK and would use it in the coming spring/summer all over the state and "outside" (our word for the lower 48) for my hike, bike, fish, and birdwatching trips. In the fall/winter I'll be after Caribou and Moose now that I've got the bug after my first successful 'bou hunt last August. The packability and breathabity of the Stormlight would make it a great addition to the pack for our quickly changing Alaskan weather. -Loy

James270

FNG
I would love to have a chance to try the Vapor Stormlight Jacket. As an Aussie hunter we do struggle to get quality gear in styles and patterns that match our hunting conditions. I am currently looking at upgrading my rain wear for backpack hunts after sambar deer in the mountains (most folk would refer to them as hills but we make do with what we have) of south eastern Australia.
I think the Cipher pattern would be a good match for the Aussie bush and the renowned First Lite quality should hold up to some of the different hunting methods we employ.
Cheers,
James

Savage99

WKR
I would like to acquire an Uncompahgre jacket due to recommendations from Roksliders. I would be gearing up for my first season of western hunting in CO. I like that the puffy is packable. I think that will make it very versatile for hunts here, especially multi day hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
Thanks. If I win, I would chose the Vapor Storm Lite Rain Jacket because it would be great for my upcoming Utah Wasatch early rifle elk hunt that I should draw this year or the next. The reason I would pick the rain jacket is that I need a light weight rain jacket to carry with me for sudden storms. I could also use this jacket for mule deer and bear hunting in the Eastern Sierras as well as the backcountry of San Diego, where freezing rain is not uncommon during the winter. Bill

Who doesn't love a good puffy jacket and First Lite's unpronounceable puffy jacket looks awesome! Hope to get one for elk in OR and CO and whitetail in MN.

I would love to have the vapor storm lite rain jacket for hunting ducks and whitetails down here in South Louisiana. Temps regularly reach the mid 70s here with 100% humidity and RAIN. it would also make an awesome addition for spring bear hunts to Idaho as well as fall hunts to Idaho as well!

Johnson17

FNG
Hello,

My name is Taylor and I am brand new to both this community as well as the hunting. I took up an interest in hunting (specifically bowhunting) about 6 months ago listening to the "Joe Rogan" podcast with Shane Dorian and haven't looked back since... not even a glance. All I think about, listen to, read, and watch are shows like Meat Eater, SOLO HNTR, Nock On, The Gritty Bowmen. I dream about the first time I'll draw down on an animal... I literally can't tell you how much respect I have for nature and how much I want to give back and do my part in conserving what we have. I am rambling now so I will get to the point. I would LOVE the First Lite Uncompahdre puffy jacket. It's on my "wish list" and is what I hear many guys using on their hunts (Brian Call, Aron Snyder, Ryan Callahan, Steven Rinella). I will be hunting in California and I feel as if that pattern would work awesome and blend extremely well with the surrounding area. I can't even begin to tell you how cool it would be to win and how thankful I would be! Thank you for the opportunity as well as taking the time to read this post. Good luck to everyone! With nothing but respect- Taylor Johnson

GMO44

FNG
I would like to win the Uncompahgre jacket because I will be a first time western hunter. I will be hunting late season elk in south western Colorado. I would like to have a nice puffy jacket for glassing and all around cold weather use.

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
For me the vapor stormlight would be ideal. Have a red stag hunt scheduled for October in Scotland. Lots of rain and cover a lot of miles on foot in the highlands. Need something that will keep me dry and light enough it won't weigh me down.

Vapor stormlight jacket for me, living in AK I need a dependable rain jacket that not only keeps my dry but breathes well on backpack hunts. Stoked for the new Cipher pattern, seems like its going to blend in well in a variety of terrain! Thanks

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to win the vapor stormlight jacket, I typically hunt Colorado in September and back pack in 5-10 miles. With that kind of mileage I am looking to cut weight where I can without sacrificing performance. I also hunt west Texas in the early fall and through the winter months where this jacket would be key as a windblocker and perfect outter layer. I have run the first lite merino tops and loved them, and just looking to expand my collection of top end gear.

Thanks,

Matt