First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders!

The new First Lite Cipher pattern will be ready to order very shortly! I was lucky enough to get my hands on a pair of Alturas Women's Guide pants in the new Cipher pattern a few weeks ago, just in time for our Mexico trip. Cipher is a bit more "open" pattern than the Fusion and also doesn't incorporate the greens. The browns are also a bit toned down from the Fusion pattern, and almost has a grey look to it, which I really like.

When I first saw this pattern I couldn't help but think of how well it was going to blend into open, rocky and dull colored country that I typically hunt. Once in Mexico my thoughts became reality as I witnessed how well it actually blended in. Baja Mexico is very open, rocky and sparse when it comes to plant life.. other than everything that wants to stick you... it's very desolate country as one would expect. When I see a great fit for this pattern it's in the south west.. Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada are all places I think of where this pattern would dominate. I also think of the high country hunter above treeline stalking in on deer, sheep and goats among the rocks. A whitetail hunter in their tree stand once the leaves have fallen is another place I see this pattern.

Along with the Cipher pattern, the pants themselves performed awesome in that country. With all of the sharp plant life I was a little worried about putting a big rip in my pants, but I didn't give them much special care, I just walked through bushes and brushed by cactus and never put a hole in them. These Altura's pants are the exact same material as the men's Corrugate guide pants. It was hot during the day right around 80 and I thought the pants breathed very well and transferred moisture from my skin very well.

We talked with Ryan from First Lite today and we're putting a Cipher giveaway together for the Rokslide family! Go up to your thread tools and hit subscribe, so you know right when we give the details out. Hit me up with any questions on the pattern or clothes you might have!

UPDATE - - GIVEAWAY DETAILS

Ok everyone. After conversing with Ryan at FL we've come up with a giveaway... actually 2!

1. Uncompahgre puffy jacket
2. Vapor stormlight rain jacket

These are separate giveaways, and we want to give them away to guys/gals who really need the gear and will give us some feedback on what they think.

So here is how you enter to win: (comment on this thread)

Give us a short paragraph stating WHICH jacket you want to win, WHERE you will be using it and WHY you think it will be a good choice for your area.

Winners will be announced the 26th of this month (March).

Below are a couple of videos on these items. Looking forward to this.. good luck everyone!

[video=youtube_share;KSByRVBxE88]https://youtu.be/KSByRVBxE88[/video]

[video=youtube_share;LukuEsl0t7s]https://youtu.be/LukuEsl0t7s[/video]

~Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:
Tagging in as well. I just got some First Lite base layers that are the most comfortable clothes I've got.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got my first set and cant wait to try them. Llano, chama hoody, and kanab's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That's awesome! IMO they have the best merino base layers on the market. I bet you'll love them!

--

Rokslide Staff

Sent via my iPhone Tapatalk

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Tagging in as well. I just got some First Lite base layers that are the most comfortable clothes I've got.

I just did the same thing! Love all of it so far, I don't get itchy like I usually do from wool. Can't say enough positive things about it. Chama hoody is also top notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
Do the women's guide pants have the same pocket lay out as well? The new pattern looks like it would work well for Eastern Wa elk country.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do the women's guide pants have the same pocket lay out as well? The new pattern looks like it would work well for Eastern Wa elk country.

Fairly close. Cargo pockets are the same. The regular pockets are zippered instead of non zippered, and sit at more of an angle than the corrugate pockets. Also there is no back pocket on the women's.

--

Rokslide Staff

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got the email that the Cipher pattern is live and ready to order on FirstLite.com!

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
So which First Light pattern do you think is best for Western (ID, WY, UT) hunting?

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
So which First Light pattern do you think is best for Western (ID, WY, UT) hunting?

To me Cipher has the edge. But Fusion is a great pattern also for those areas... and any area really. To me Cipher is a more dull pattern that fits with the flat dull look of WY, UT, etc. I like it better without the greens. But that's just me.. both patterns are effective so pick whichever you like best.

--

Rokslide Staff

Dobermann

WKR
Thanks so much for the review and photos.

Really hoping the giveaway happens here through the forum and *not* via Facebook ... due to its various security and privacy issues, a LOT of military, law enforcement, and self-defense types are not on FB.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

Really hoping the giveaway happens here through the forum and *not* via Facebook ... due to its various security and privacy issues, a LOT of military, law enforcement, and self-defense types are not on FB.

No worries bro, it's happening right through here. I'll be posting what we're giving away on Monday!

--

Rokslide Staff

Last edited:

Gorp2007

WKR
Thanks for the review and pictures. Did the fine folks at first light happen to get you access to anything in the new conifer color?

A lot of regular people aren't on Facebook either. Some of us can't stand all the gossip that comes with it.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the review and pictures. Did the fine folks at first light happen to get you access to anything in the new conifer color?

I haven't gotten anything in the conifer.

--

Rokslide Staff