Kings camo

Ajnic10

FNG
Was thinking about getting the kings camo mountain classic bundle. Wanting to get some lighter weight stuff to use on archery hunts. Does anyone have good, or bad experience with them. Also with thier rain suits? Price tag isn't bad.
Thanks!
AJ

excaliber

WKR
I would stay away from Cotton clothing. I took a quick look and the pants are 100% cotton. I'm pretty sure the rest of the bundle is also. They also make polyester Jackets/pant and shirts. If you are set on Kings camo I'd look at the XKG line they make.

I agree with excaliber. Both my girlfriend and I wear some King's camo and really like what we have, but when it comes to my hunting, hiking, and outdoor clothing in general, I stay away from cottons.

I have two pair of their polyester pants. Cargo pants style (not sure what they call them). Seems like one of the best values out there for non-cotton. I believe I paid $50/each Have worn them ca. 30 days per year for four seasons. No problems.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the climatex rain pants (hunter series). Haven't used them yet but the look like a 2.5 layer with a ripstop poly face fabric. I bought them for a just in case pair. Tired of packing my other ones at 18 oz. Decent quality my large weighs 10.2 oz. For the clearance price of $26 I couldn't say no. Even at full price it's hard to find full zip rain pants for that. Don't get me wrong it's not sitka for 1/4 the price but a fair value. The jacket I don't care for, if around $100 is your budget look at the marmot precip or deals on stp.

I had their hunter series hoodie. Mid weight material, all poly with dwr. Great quality and performance but donated to Goodwill. Inside of the hood was bright white, torso was way too short, about 5 inches short. I got that at 50% off, not worth full retail as you are in the ballpark of major brands who do better with the fine details of fit.

Agree their hunter series pants are a great value, a tad loud in dressing room maybe they get better with time?

Anything from the xkg or hunter series is worth looking at as they don't have cotton.

OP
A

Ajnic10

FNG
Thanks guys!!! I can't believe I didn't even look at what the material was made of... thanks for all the input!

I have the 100% polyester pants and shirts and they're solid. Its hard for me to find pants that fit but their 30 tall works without gaiters for me.

I have most of the XKG stuff and I like it. I also have the poly shirt and pants and gaiters. I have the transitions puffy jacket, lone peak jacket and ridge pant. I use merino wool base layers when its cold. I also have both the climatex and xkg rain gear. I recommend against the climatex and spending the little extra for the xkg rain gear. The climatex is noisy but the jacket has pit zips. Unfortunately the xkg jacket has no pit zips. It all is compact and lightweight. I have had it all for at least 2 seasons and its nice but wish I would have spent a little more and got KUIU or First Lite.

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
I've bought a bunch of their stuff on clearance. Definitely not as nice as sitka but it does the job just as well for 95% of the year.

XKG lone peak jacket I like, but it's a little short as stated above. Their pants I'm not a huge fan of but they work just fine. The softshell bibs I really like but the suspenders are crap. The insulated waders are awesome. Poly long sleeve shirt is good but a little short in the arms and torso (may be my fault from washing). Climatex rain gear works good but it's loud (I'm in NV so I went with the cheap stuff since I'll probably never use it).

For all of the above and got 5 of their various poly t-shirts I spent around $300. Everything was bought on clearance and I'm completely satisfied with all of it for the prices I paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwsINC

WKR
Xkg youll be happy with id bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk