Critique my Idaho Spring Bear clothing selection?

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
Flatlander here...

So I'm starting to venture out West to do some hunting. Not much experience out there, but I'm slowly acquiring info (thanks to this place). I have intentions of traveling out to Idaho in early June to catch the end of the Spring Black Bear season. I don't have a specific spot nailed down yet, however, I'm thinking around Units 33-36, or 39; but that's subject to change depending on how my research goes. I looked up historical weather trends for June 1-15 as that's about the window I'm looking at. Temps appear to be anywhere from ~30* Lows to 65-75 Highs in that region.

Hunting will be out of a base camp I establish in the wilderness. Spike camps aren't out of the question. Shelter will most likely be a Seek Outside SilverTip (maybe with a stove, if warranted).

Hunting style will be spot and stalk, so long glassing session with little movement.

A Kifaru Woobie may possibly be brought along for glassing. Maybe not.

Here's what I'm thinking about dragging into the field with me. Thoughts are welcomed. Overkill? Underkill? Changes?

FL Llano SS *
FL Chama hoody *
Kuiu Attack pants *
Kuiu Guide DCS vest
Kuiu Super Down hooded jacket
Kuiu Super Down hooded pants
Kuiu Chugach NX rain jacket
Kuiu Chugach NX rain pants
Kuiu Guide gloves or FL Talus gloves (own the FLs already)
Kuiu Pelaton 240 beanie *
Kuiu Pelaton 200 Gaiter
Boonie hat *
Asolo Drifter GV boots *
Darn Tough socks x2 *
OR croc gaiter

(*) items are things I already own and never hunt without, so they'll be going regardless.

Flatlander here...

So I'm starting to venture out West to do some hunting. Not much experience out there, but I'm slowly acquiring info (thanks to this place). I have intentions of traveling out to Idaho in early June to catch the end of the Spring Black Bear season. I don't have a specific spot nailed down yet, however, I'm thinking around Units 33-36, or 39; but that's subject to change depending on how my research goes. I looked up historical weather trends for June 1-15 as that's about the window I'm looking at. Temps appear to be anywhere from ~30* Lows to 65-75 Highs in that region.

Hunting will be out of a base camp I establish in the wilderness. Spike camps aren't out of the question. Shelter will most likely be a Seek Outside SilverTip (maybe with a stove, if warranted).

Hunting style will be spot and stalk, so long glassing session with little movement.

A Kifaru Woobie may possibly be brought along for glassing. Maybe not.

Here's what I'm thinking about dragging into the field with me. Thoughts are welcomed. Overkill? Underkill? Changes?

FL Llano SS *
FL Chama hoody *
Kuiu Attack pants *
Kuiu Guide DCS vest
Kuiu Super Down hooded jacket
Kuiu Super Down hooded pants
Kuiu Chugach NX rain jacket
Kuiu Chugach NX rain pants
Kuiu Guide gloves or FL Talus gloves (own the FLs already)
Kuiu Pelaton 240 beanie *
Kuiu Pelaton 200 Gaiter
Boonie hat *
Asolo Drifter GV boots *
Darn Tough socks x2 *
OR croc gaiter

(*) items are things I already own and never hunt without, so they'll be going regardless.

it looks like you got a good covering there you have warmth, insulators for the cold and weatherproof garments as well

elkguide

WKR
Doesn't matter which clothes you wear as long as you make sure that you carry plenty of bear spray.

The bears just love the taste of bear sprayed human!

OK. What you have outlined looks just fine if you add a good pack.

Layering and a good pack carry clothes to add or shed as needed.

You haven't mentioned your tent/? sleeping arrangements, that will be very important too. Idaho doesn't get a lot of rain except for the spring and then you need to be prepared for any kind of weather.