Puffy Pants Options

AlaskaEd

WKR
Hello Roksliders

I am looking for a pair of lightweight puffy pants for a late season dall sheep hunt and general winter use. I'd like them to have synthetic insulation with a full side zip. They will be worn over hiking pants and under a rain layer if needed. So far I have found the following few options...

Arcteryx Atom LT: favorite option, but hard to find in large, and expensive

Kuiu Kenai: not sure about the short legs

Wiggys chaps: slightly heavy, not as packable

ECWCS pants: I have these but they are too heavy/way puffy/not packable

Marmot?? I've seen these in the wild but can't find them online.

Anyone know of more options, or have experience with these?

Thanks!

first lite has released their puffy pant for 2017...will be due in stock in July. These pants should meet the criteria that you mentioned

If you need help just let us know

Sitka has a puffy pant that has been on Camofire recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

AlaskaEd

WKR
The Montbell Tec thermowraps look to be a pretty good option. I'd love the First Lites, and have seen them in pics/videos, but I can't wait until July as I want to wear and test them before this winter ends. I wish the Sitka Kelvins came in a solid color, but if I find a pair for a smoking price, I may jump on them.

Thanks for the input!

sneaky

"DADDY"
The Montbell Tec thermowraps look to be a pretty good option. I'd love the First Lites, and have seen them in pics/videos, but I can't wait until July as I want to wear and test them before this winter ends. I wish the Sitka Kelvins came in a solid color, but if I find a pair for a smoking price, I may jump on them.

Thanks for the input!
Sitka puffy pants come in solid color

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You're right about the ECWS, heavy and warm. I haven't tried them but you could look at the Eddie Bauer puffy pants. They have a 40% off sale every other month it seems.

idig4au

WKR
Rab Photon Pants. Very happy with mine. They are very similar to Frontier Gear of Alaska Brooks Range Pant which is also an excellent choice. But Barneys never seems to have them in stock.

OP
A

AlaskaEd

WKR
Thanks for all the good leads. I have a pretty good list now, and was doing some searching on eBay and other places. I just picked up a pair of black Sitka Kelvins in the classifieds here. I'll see how those work out.