comparing across brands

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
just for a sheer layering guide has anyone ever done a comparison across brand lines? i had a hard enough time figuring out which layers were which when i was just looking at First Lite. now that i've broadened by search i dont even know which or what items are comparable. especially with sitka they seem to have 3-4 different puffies and pants for example:

FL Llano = Sitka XX = Kuiu XX
FL Chama = Sitka XX = Kuiu XX
GL Uncompaghre = Sitka XX= Kuiu XX

and what are some items that some of the brands have that none of the others have. Kuiu Super down comes to mind as a possiblity? or maybe it does compare?

for next to skin merino is hard to beat
the llano crew or quarter zip and sitka merino are comparable

for a second layer
first lite halstead and sitka fanatic hoody is comparable

some prefer a merino second layer and there is no chama type garment in merino offered by sitka other than synthetic type pieces.

we just became a dealer for kryptek so i dont have any insight there

hopefully this helps some...if you have questions about sitka, first lite or kryptek let us know and we can price out.

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
i know that the layers are made of different materials. i'm just more curious on the order of the layers

for example a common archery elk guideline

First Lite-Llano, chama, uncompaghre, allaegheny and guide pants

is it:

Sitka- merino base, ascent shirt, kelvin lite hoody, merino base pant, and ascent pant?

why so many jackets and pants? i guess is what i'm getting at and how do you choose?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sitka Ultra Light Down Jacket is comparable to the KUIU Super down, minus the hood. Sitka has multiple puffy jacket options to match temp ranges better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Lightweight or early season archery pants-

First Lite- Corrugate Guide Pants, Kanab (now discontinued), Obsidian (replacement for Kanab 2.0)

Sitka- Ascent pant (breathable, no DWR), Mountain Pant (still fairly lightweight but arguably more durable, has DWR coating)

Kuiu- Tiburon (ultra light and breathable, Kudos DWR), Kuiu Alpine ( light weight, has DWR, fairly durable), Attack Pant (about same weight as Alpine but no knee pads, has DWR)

Early season Light weight tops-

First Lite-Llano Merino, Wilkin or Minaret Aerowool (benefits of merino, dries faster)

Sitka-Ascent Shirt NEW ( breathable, synthetic, durable, quick drying, Polygiene treated for bacteria causing odor control), Core Lightweight (lightweight, synthetic, breathable, Polygiene treated, available in a hooded version with built in facemask on new model), Sitka Merino Core zip-t ( lightweight merino)

Kuiu- Ultra Tiburon (ultra breathable, synthetic, and lightweight, Kudos DWR), Ultra Merino 125 ( Early season, warm to hot weather) Ultra Merino 145 ( heavier weight for cooler temps) Peloton 130 (synthetic, lightweight, somewhat breathable)

Feel free to call in or ask me if you have any questions on anything at all.

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Lightweight or early season archery pants-

First Lite- Corrugate Guide Pants, Kanab (now discontinued), Obsidian (replacement for Kanab 2.0)

Sitka- Ascent pant (breathable, no DWR), Mountain Pant (still fairly lightweight but arguably more durable, has DWR coating)

Kuiu- Tiburon (ultra light and breathable, Kudos DWR), Kuiu Alpine ( light weight, has DWR, fairly durable), Attack Pant (about same weight as Alpine but no knee pads, has DWR)

Early season Light weight tops-

First Lite-Llano Merino, Wilkin or Minaret Aerowool (benefits of merino, dries faster)

Sitka-Ascent Shirt NEW ( breathable, synthetic, durable, quick drying, Polygiene treated for bacteria causing odor control), Core Lightweight (lightweight, synthetic, breathable, Polygiene treated, available in a hooded version with built in facemask on new model), Sitka Merino Core zip-t ( lightweight merino)

Kuiu- Ultra Tiburon (ultra breathable, synthetic, and lightweight, Kudos DWR), Ultra Merino 125 ( Early season, warm to hot weather) Ultra Merino 145 ( heavier weight for cooler temps) Peloton 130 (synthetic, lightweight, somewhat breathable)

Feel free to call in or ask me if you have any questions on anything at all.

exactly what i am looking for. so what are Kuiu and Sitka's alternative to the Unpronounceable?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kelvin Lite hoody from Sitka is their alternative to the Uncompahgre puffy. Not familiar with the KUIU stuff but someone else can answer that

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Kelvin Lite hoody from Sitka is their alternative to the Uncompahgre puffy. Not familiar with the KUIU stuff but someone else can answer that

Exactly what he said ^

Kuiu's version would be the Kenai Hooded Insulated Jacket.