Head gear... Got you covered like a jimmy hat!

TheCougar

WKR
Head gear... What do you wear?

I got bored and was looking for a new hunting hat so I have a back up. What's everyone wear on their dome?

I wear a Kuiu icon hat in warm/cool weather. It is lightweight and not too hot, which is a big deal in Arizona. When it's cold out I have a crappy black beanie with a squatch logo on it. It's a running joke in my hunting circle. I also sport the FL neck gaiter as a face mask/cold wear protection and a schemagh for glassing.

Last edited:
I have a blaze orange first line merino beanie always in my pack ( i hunt muzzy and archery where i dont NEED to wear blaze...but sometimes wish i had more of it..) it is probably my favorite beanie as it keeps me warm even when im getting rained/snowed on, but have been looking for a better warm weather ball cap. my current go to is just a camo under armour ball cap, but it gets warm real quick and i find myself pulling it off while hiking or moving a lot...might give that kuiu a look. being folically challenged at a young age the one thing is i ALWAYS need is to have something on my head during the sept season...sun burnt scalps are no fun.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
FL Brimmed Beanie works well for glassing/rifle hunting. Good for archery too. Small brim/bill doesn't get in the way.

I use the Kuiu hat mentioned above as well for warm weather. I've had good luck with a crushable felt Blaze hat from Cabela's for the last decade for rifle hunts. Keeps sun, snow, etc. out of your eyes. Its warm too and has ear covers if needed, but they fold into the hat if not needed.

A neck gaiter is perfect for keeping warm and cool as well as concealed. Tons of companies make good neck gaiters - Had good luck with FL, and Kuiu.

I forgot to mention I always have a buff in my pack.
packs to basically nothing, is great for face covering, or can be used to cover my head or neck from the sun.

Archery = Sitka Trucker hat, Sitka merino beanie, and Kuiu Guide Beanie.
Rifle = Sitka Ballistics hat, Blaze Orange Fleece Beanie, and Sitka Balaclava if needed.