UA Charged Cotton thoughts

SWOHTR

WKR
Did a search for UA Charged Cotton and only one person has had any input on it. I know - it's got cotton, but it is supposed to be quicker drying than 100% cotton and feel more like cotton when worn compared to synthetics. Does anyone have any experience with it? I am looking for input based on experience for using this as a base layer instead of other synthetics (hate the feel of synthetics but use them for their quick-drying ability).

I already know the merits of merino, thanks!

Thanks,

Joe

jmez

WKR
I have a couple of "charged cotton" shirts that I use to work out in. They aren't UA brand but they work as advertised. Not near as heavy and clingy as cotton when they get wet and they dry fast. I've never used them as a baselayer.

OP
SWOHTR

SWOHTR

WKR
Then why are you looking at cotton? Most of my merino shirts and boxers are MORE comfortable than cotton.
Because charged cotton is an option and there aren't any comments on it here.

Gets real stinky
I'm guessing like the UA synthetics? I had to throw one of their synthetic shirts out because it stunk so bad, even after multiple washes.

I have a couple of "charged cotton" shirts that I use to work out in. They aren't UA brand but they work as advertised. Not near as heavy and clingy as cotton when they get wet and they dry fast. I've never used them as a baselayer.
Would you ever consider using them as a base layer, and can you comment on the stink factor?

I am looking for potential base layer shirts that are under the $30 mark and found the charged cotton. I have a Sitka Core SS shirt, and that works, it's just a bit expensive. No big deal if I end up getting another one, just exploring potential options.

Thanks for the replies!

adamm88

WKR
I have some charged cotton shirts from UA, They are lighter and do dry fast but the ones i have have like little lint balls on them and it make them staticy and clingy.

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah just like other UA shirts. Really hold onto the stank once it's in there.

I'm guessing like the UA synthetics? I had to throw one of their synthetic shirts out because it stunk so bad, even after multiple washes.

Would you ever consider using them as a base layer, and can you comment on the stink factor?

I am looking for potential base layer shirts that are under the $30 mark and found the charged cotton. I have a Sitka Core SS shirt, and that works, it's just a bit expensive. No big deal if I end up getting another one, just exploring potential options.

Thanks for the replies!

Thanks for the replies!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
SWOHTR

SWOHTR

WKR
Thanks for the replies! That's all I needed to know, looks like I can rule these shirts out.

jmez

WKR
Can't comment on stink factor I've just used them working out. If Merino weren't available I'd choose these over a full synthetic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

halg

Lil-Rokslider
If you want base layers under $30, go get the Russell synthetic workout stuff at Wally World and wear it under your camo.