Quality hiking pants

halg

Lil-Rokslider
Here's another walmart pant that I have fallen in love with: the Wrangler performance pant. Been using them for s while, and they're pretty burly. They've actually supplanted Mountain Hardwear in my kit. At less than $20/pair

I've gone through 2 pairs of my 'hiking' pants from threads slowing ripping out and eventually tearing from crotch to knee.

I guess that's what get for buying at Walmart. It's time to get a good pair of hiking pants, so, lay your favorite good durable pants on me.

Note: I go over dead fall a lot
first lite kanabs or corrugate or sitka ascent

we can hellp with either brand just shoot us a pm

OP
O

oopslala

FNG
Well I've got 4 full days in one pair so far. About 40 miles through burns, thickets and prickers. Pretty impressed with the pants so far. Forgot what it was like being able to climb over logs and sit on them then put each leg over at a time.

Ordered a couple sizes too small at 32 waist but I've still got 25ish pounds I intend to drop so that'll be fine eventually.

I'll write up a full review in a couple months when I've logged more miles.

Well I've got 4 full days in one pair so far. About 40 miles through burns, thickets and prickers. Pretty impressed with the pants so far. Forgot what it was like being able to climb over logs and sit on them then put each leg over at a time.

Ordered a couple sizes too small at 32 waist but I've still got 25ish pounds I intend to drop so that'll be fine eventually.

I'll write up a full review in a couple months when I've logged more miles.

I noticed that you plan on dropping weight and pant sizes. The eddie bauer guide pro pants I picked up the short/pant convertible pair for $45 bux after a nice sale and save the money until you reach your goal weight.

I've had good luck with these Wranglers outdoor, sinthetic, stretch pants:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just ordered two pair of these Wranglers for SoCal Desert and mountain hiking. They fit great and stretch similar to my Kuiu Tiburons. Weight feels similar.

I just ordered two pair of these Wranglers for SoCal Desert and mountain hiking. They fit great and stretch similar to my Kuiu Tiburons. Weight feels similar.

Yeah and for me they have been very durable and water repellant. I got mine a bit big so I could layer underneath if necessary for weather here in Alaska. Don't know why folks pay hundreds of dollars for other pants with similar quality. This gear thing has gotten out of control. Its like in jr high where if you don't wear certain high dollar brands you're not as respected or have as much status.

ericF

WKR
Another vote for the Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants. Eddie Bauer frequently does sales for 40% off putting them under $50. They are a nice warm weather hiking pant.

NDGuy

WKR
I just picked up a pair of Prana Zions and am blown away by the quality for the price. I got them for $58 shipped. Easily the most comfortable pant I've worn for hiking, I hope they hold up well!

I'll put a vote in for the Eddie Bauer Guide Pros. I wear them every day to work, hiking, dog training, etc. Wore them on a NM antelope hunt last year and they were awesome. Stood up to the NM desert and were light enough that I didn't sweat by dingle berries off.
If you watch, you can get them for $45-50 when they are having sales....

GKPrice

Banned
Think it's narrowed down to the prana Zion stretch and kuiu tiburon.

How much of a tight fit are the prana zions? I've still got around 30 pounds to lose to reach my target weight of 170.

I hike 5-10 miles daily so it should only take a couple more months...I just don't want to have to drop another $85-$150.

I can still fit into my 32 pants it's just a tight fit, so I'm thinking I'll just go with that size with these so I only have to buy once.

6 weeks ago I ponied up and tried a pair of the Prana Zions, 2 weeks ago I ordered 3 more pairs - they do "fit" snugly but they are STRETCH fabric and offer nearly 0 friction hindrance while stretched out walking up steep inclines so what the stretch gives you is no bagged out ass in the pants yet they still move with you for a 99% free walk/hike - Columbia Sportswear now owns Prana

Prana Zion - If they would put some decent side pockets on them they would be my hands down favorites, but that single pocket is too small and the opening is not user friendly.

Kryptek Valhalla - pretty good pant, but weird side pockets on it as well. These are a slippery polyester with a very straight cut. Depending on which boot i wear they damn near drag the ground in the back.

Eddie Bauer Guide Pro - They got the side pockets right, but the fit is a little strange for me. Pull them up to where they don't feel like they are falling off and they are slightly crawling up my butt-crack, pull them down out of my crack and vice versa. Really wish they fit me better.

I need to get my hands on some of these Wranglers you guys are talking about.

frankrb3

WKR
I just picked up the Eddie
Bauer guide pro pants in slate green while they were 30% off. They are excellent. The saddle color looks good on their website but it sucks in person. Tried the aged brass color too and it
Just seems like an off colored
Coyote brown. The slate green is the best color for hunting in my opinion. Gonna pick up another pair when they go back on sale.

ethan

WKR
I like my Zions but wish you could get them with a longer inseam

matthewmt

WKR
I've got to put a few miles on the EB guides and I really like them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk