Quality hiking pants

Prana Zions, or the Brions. The brions don't have the cargo pocket, so they resemble jeans a little more. I wear these for hiking, and for work. Basically threw away all my jeans at this point. I also have a pair of Kuhl renegades, while a solid pair of hiking pants, and you get the zip off if you like that, they don't stretch as well as the Brions.

chindits

WKR
Don't know why folks pay hundreds of dollars for other pants with similar quality

Eric, thanks for the link, otherwise it would have taken a long time to find these. However, typical of most clothing manufactured for Mericans, they have more sizes for wide and short then tall and long. Once you get to a 34" inseam there are no waist sizes under 34". Tough row to hoe if you don't have a belly. I have plenty of pants that I have sewn darts in the waist, but I always have hope to find tall and lean products. Prana's 32x34 took one dart, Kuiu 32 attack 4 darts, E.B. 32x34 4 darts, OR 34X34 4 darts. 6' 170 lbs in search of fattening foods to fill out profile.

JoMa

Lil-Rokslider
How does the thickness / durability of the Prana Zions and EB Guides compare to the Attacks or Mountain Pants?

I had a pair of Canadian Attacks and wear Zion's regularly. The Attacks seemed like the thickness of a nike or addidas track pant and were extremely comfortable. Without the hip vents, I don't know if I would want to hike in 70+ degree weather. Zion's would compare to a bit thinner than a pair of board shorts or the thickness of a kifaru 500d pullout (material is obviously different though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of the Eddie Bauer guides and they seem about half the thickness of my attacks. They also seem to be different materials. I really like both pants but my attacks are getting a bit tight on me because I have gained a bit of weight so the e.b are my main goto pant for camping and stuff this spring

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I hike in 5.11 Apex pants; can usually find them on sale for <$70; also the Stonecutter pant looks like it would be real durable. I am actually surprised that I really never see 5.11 recommended on this site.

TripleJ

WKR
Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but the Wrangler pants on walmart.com are a great bargain. They are a nylon/spandex mix, and are super thin and light with some stretch to them for warm weather. You can have them shipped to your house for about $25.00, including shipping. I also have a pair of the Eddie Bauer guide pants and those are super nice too.

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
what color prions are you guys buying?
charcoal seems to look best.but still a little dark
seems like they use to have alot more color choices last year

what color prions are you guys buying?
charcoal seems to look best.but still a little dark
seems like they use to have alot more color choices last year

Charcoal is very dark and the green is relatively dark as well. Dark Khaki is rather light, but MUD IS PERFECTTTTTT.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Rei screeline plants. Durable, stretchy, light weight. I REALLY like them.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
up to 7 pairs of the Prana Zions now. I own just about every pant out there hunting wise. The Prana's are my favorite every day wearing pant for work and for hiking.
Thank you for the link to the wranglers I may try a few pairs of those out. Look like they would be close to the Zions and a lot less.

Dinger

WKR
I just got on the Prana Zion train......very happy with them. Basically a jeans replacement for me, and I love my jeans, they re about midway between my Attacks and Tiburon's.

I'll keep my Alpines as they are a more task specific pant, otherwise the Zion's have become my favourite pant for hunting or around the house.

TBARR

FNG
If anyone is interested in the prana stretch zions. Check out steepandcheap.com
They are on sale for $60. They have all colors and lots of sizes. They go quick so act fast. I have several pairs and I love these versatile and durable hunting pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
get that same price on backcountry.com with free shipping looks like that steepand cheep is them anyway

sucks i think there on sale because they have basically no stock, price makes them look/sound good alot of website views though :confused:
i would loose my customers having a sale on popular stuff with only 1maybe 2 available!

jpcboogie

FNG
My question for those who have the Prana Zion stretch, how do they fit (waist) compared to like a normal pair of jeans you would buy at the store?

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
just bought some and had to go one size bigger in waist,i believe i got the new style-guys said they were a little tighter than the old.