Quality hiking pants

oopslala

FNG
I've gone through 2 pairs of my 'hiking' pants from threads slowing ripping out and eventually tearing from crotch to knee.

I guess that's what get for buying at Walmart. It's time to get a good pair of hiking pants, so, lay your favorite good durable pants on me.

Note: I go over dead fall a lot

matthewmt

WKR
Eddie Bauer was having a sale on their guide pro pants.
Also Costco tends to have the UB tech comfort pants for around 15$ can't speak for durability but for the money they seem decent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gorp2007

WKR
Prana Zions or Brions if you want a slimmer fit with no cargo pockets. I've got some Eddie Bauer shorts that I wouldn't mind having in a pair of pants. The Eddie Bauer stuff goes on sale pretty regularly, too.

If you're willing to jump up a few price points, I absolutely love my First Lite Corrugate Guide pants.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
Make sure they are the Prana Stretch Zions. There is also a Zion that is made from a different material with no stretch. They are still nice, but the stretch ones are great

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
As stated, Kuiu Tiburon (hot dry weather), Kuiu Attack (large range of weather) and Prana Zion are all good options. The new Zions are cut tight so be careful...

Heres a video on the Tiburons: Kuiu Tiburon Series - Tiburon Pants, Shirt, Gloves - Hunting Pant, Shirt, Glove Review - YouTube
Attacks: Kuiu Attack Pants - Hunting Pant Review, Specs, Experiences - YouTube
Why I wear Gaiters - especially to protect against deadfall:Essential Gear & Tips #3 - Gaiters - Kuiu, Kenetrek, First Lite - YouTube

Good luck.

OP
O

oopslala

FNG
Think it's narrowed down to the prana Zion stretch and kuiu tiburon.

How much of a tight fit are the prana zions? I've still got around 30 pounds to lose to reach my target weight of 170.

I hike 5-10 miles daily so it should only take a couple more months...I just don't want to have to drop another $85-$150.

I can still fit into my 32 pants it's just a tight fit, so I'm thinking I'll just go with that size with these so I only have to buy once.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
The good news is depending on size, you can likely find the Zions on sale. If they're on sale, its likely the older "looser" fitting ones. The full priced ones will likely be the tighter fitting ones. I think...

You can find some good deals on Zion's right now by doing a quick Google search. I found some Mud colored ones for $51 with free shipping. That's about the best price you'll find for them. Great pants!

**The newer version of the pant has a more "slender" fit through the thigh. If it were any tighter, it would be an issue for me at 5'10" 210lbs and I wear a 34x32.

OR Ferosi, Marmot Scree, Prana Zion.

Zions are too tight for my thick legs. So I wear the OR Ferosi pants whenever its a little warmer and the screes when its a little colder since the screes are a little thicker and warmer.