Braken Wear Peak Season Jacket & Pant Testing

pretty sure the scorcher top is the exact same material as the kuiu tiburon top. both are made by toray braken just calls it Airflux instead of Dotair. looking forward to seeing if they come out with a scorcher pant. great pattern

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
pretty sure the scorcher top is the exact same material as the kuiu tiburon top. both are made by toray braken just calls it Airflux instead of Dotair. looking forward to seeing if they come out with a scorcher pant. great pattern

I was wondering that and just hadn't got around to sending Braken an email to ask. Thanks. I'll post if I found out differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Be great to know. I wonder if toray might have some variations of that fabric. Personally I find the "dot air" in my tiburon pants a little lacking in durability so if this "air flux" is stronger I'd like to know. The material would be fine in a shirt. The problem I have is it wears thin from sitting, knealing but it does do well against tearing and snagging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

novcie870

WKR
Father/Son Braken Review

Good Morning!

Several weeks ago, I reached out to Robby about having my 16 year old son, Tim, test out the Braken Wear Peak Season Pant that he had in size small. He agreed and we received the pants within a few days.
Tim, like a good boy, waited until I got home to open the package. We were both blown away with our initial inspection of the pant. The overall quality and features make this pant on par in my mind with the other major camo clothing makers. For reference I run a lot of First Lite, Kuiu, and Sitka gear. Tim is on field staff with Game Gear, and runs First Lite as well.
Aside from the quality of the build on these pants, we noticed right away the fleece lining, and both realized these would likely be a mid-October through late season type pant for Tim’s use here in Idaho. It was in the mid 80’s on the day Tim received the pants and a quick walk around the yard confirmed that they would likely be too warm past 75 degrees. Given that this has been an unusually warm summer (I may move to Alaska!), we have yet to be able to take the pants to the field for a field test…but are super anxious to get them out.

brk1

However here are some of our initial observations…

-Size small fits Tim well around his 29” waist, with plenty of room to grow into them (probably to a 31” waist…when he wasn’t looking I tried them on and they were too small for my 33” waist.) The inseam was spot on for Tim, who likes his pants a little longer in length.

brk7

-There was plenty of room for a base layer, even mid layer under the pants, making these truly a great option for mid to late season rifle and archery hunts here in Idaho. With knee length gaiters, we both suspect that these will suitable even in light rain and snow. We did test the “dry seat” by having Tim sit in the wet grass after the sprinklers went off. 10 minutes of sitting and no moisture made it through. I agree with Robby though, the hip vents may tend to leak.

-As mentioned, these are not warm weather pants. While they tend to breathe well, the fleece lining felt hot against Tim’s skin in the short time he was outside. I would guess, 75-80 degrees is the max in these pants.

-Tim’s favorite feature is the knee pads. He has always wanted to run a pair of pants that had integrated knee pads. I will be curious to see if he notices them when he hikes. We will keep you updated.

brk2

-Dads favorite features is the hip vents. I love clothing that allows you to shed heat quickly as I tend to run hot. I am more than a bit jealous of Tim’s pants!

brk6

We will update on this thread as soon as we are able to put these through some field testing.
Thanks!

Matt and Timothy

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tim, I've been able to wear my Peak Season pants for my early morning hikes/scouting trips. As long as I'm back to the truck before about 10 am, they've been super for the cool of the morning. Keep us posted. And glad those fit you.

Everyone else, I'm probably 20 days in these now and am really happy with them, especially the durability and DWR. Pretty sure if I washed these, they'd look new. Very well built product and the pattern has really grown on me.

They are too warm for mid-day summer scouting with temps in the 80-90s, but just fine for the cool evening/morning hours.

I'm planning on them for September, when I think they'll be good for most of the day, save the very hottest days.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all,
Braken Wear just sent us a Rokslide promo code for 20% off! ROKSLIDE20 (case sensitive)

attachment.php

I'm leaving for Idaho archery tonight and the Braken Wear is in my pack; solid gear!

Last edited:

Matthews

FNG
Maybe I'm missing something but I was just on their site and am not seeing anywhere to put in and apply the promo code. Any help....Thanks.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I'm missing something but I was just on their site and am not seeing anywhere to put in and apply the promo code. Any help....Thanks.

It should give you an option to enter code when you pay. Im not on email for a few days so I'm not much help. Hit up their customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk