Best treestand rain gear?

Looking for the best rain gear for tree stand hunting. I've got a cloudburst jacket and pant, but I'm yet to be in the rain for an extended period of time and stay dry, especially on my forearms. I've learned that keeping them clean definitely helps, but that's hard to do after a few days in the field. I'd like to have just one set of rain gear, but maybe I need to keep the cloudburst for my backpack hunts and get something heavier for the tree stand???? Input would be greatly appreciated.

jmez

WKR
Cabelas MTO50. Very tough and will keep you dry. I've had my set for almost 20 years and have yet to get wet in them. That included 14 days in AK in late Sept where it rained every day. Great stuff, just not very packable which doesn't matter in your situation.

LostArra

WKR
I've got a camo Impertech jacket that I wear when hunting a treestand. You will cook if you do much hiking in it but you definitely stay dry.

Scrappy

WKR
Tree umbrella has been one of my best buys for a long time. I'll put on rain pants and put the umbrella up and stay dry all day.

The umbrella any pants you can put on in a treestand without taking your boots off.

And you have to factor in your safety harness.

i always thought treestand umbrellas were silly until i finally broke down and bought one. if it's raining and i know it's going to clear up for a few hours in the evening you can bet that i'm getting out to the stand during the rain and waiting it out under that thing. bonus is that it will keep your bow and pack dry which rain gear isn't going to help with.

OP
C
i always thought treestand umbrellas were silly until i finally broke down and bought one. if it's raining and i know it's going to clear up for a few hours in the evening you can bet that i'm getting out to the stand during the rain and waiting it out under that thing. bonus is that it will keep your bow and pack dry which rain gear isn't going to help with.

Hadn't even thought about that. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk