OR ferossi pants for sheep opener

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider
BC and Alaska folks, or anyone doing a thinhorn hunt. Wondering if anyone's running OR Ferossi pants for their opener hunts? I've been running the gamut on early season pants for stones opener and these are still the best fit and most comfortable. Got some alpines but they fit kinda weird, timberlines are too warm. Anyone got any suggestions for me or input? Thanks team!
Rob.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

What are the expected temps?

I'm a big fan of the Ferossi pants, but I don't think I'd wear them under 60 degrees, and maybe 50 with a base layer. They provide next to no warmth or wind proofing, which is great for active hiking in hot weather.

The Prana Stretch Zion would be slightly warmer, and are very well reviewed. The KUIU Attack would probably be similar.

brocksw

WKR
What are the expected temps?

I'm a big fan of the Ferossi pants, but I don't think I'd wear them under 60 degrees, and maybe 50 with a base layer. They provide next to no warmth or wind proofing, which is great for active hiking in hot weather.

The Prana Stretch Zion would be slightly warmer, and are very well reviewed. The KUIU Attack would probably be similar.
So the ferosis are lighter than the Zions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mike7

WKR
The ferossi's are very light and with very little insulation, but I find them quite windproof. I would think that with a set of thin to medium thick Patagonia capilene long-johns under them, you would be comfortable in the 30s? I wear the pants mostly in the summer, but I wear the top/windshirt made from the same exact material in the winter hiking with a thin fleece under it, and feel fine into 30s and even 20s if it is not too windy.

OP
bobbyrowman

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a pair of ferrosi already and they're like pajamas they're so comfy. Temp could range anywhere from in the low 80's down to the 20's. Windy at times and guaranteed to have some at some point (I'll throw rain pants on for that).

OP
bobbyrowman

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider
*have some rain at some point*