Which Puffy?

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
I'm starting to look into puffy jackets for this fall. From first impressions, I really like Kifaru LPP, but I'm not trying to be a Kifaru whore so if there's a better puffy out there let me know.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the First lite cirrus ! It has become my go to over down

Dobermann

WKR
Woah! ... those two are chalk and cheese: the Kifaru Lost Park is for seriously cold temps, and can stand up to crawling. The Cirrus is a lightweight option for warmer temps and lower pack weight, but is not as robust. Two different beasts; two different uses. Both are great for their intended use though!

Kotaman

WKR
Woah! ... those two are chalk and cheese: the Kifaru Lost Park is for seriously cold temps, and can stand up to crawling. The Cirrus is a lightweight option for warmer temps and lower pack weight, but is not as robust. Two different beasts; two different uses. Both are great for their intended use though!

I agree with this statement. Two different animals all together. I've used virtually every hunting puffy made, and they are all slightly different and work depending on intended use. The Kifaru is not the most "packable, but is one of the warmest ones I own. Down puffy are super packable, but you can't hike much in them without sweating your butt off. Warmth to weight shines with down. Lightweight synthetic puffy are a great general purpose puffy. They are usually pretty good at moisture management, are fairly packable and still work well if they get wet. I like the Cirrus in this category, but prefer the Sitka Kelvin Ultalite in this category. Lots of great choices in the "puffy department"...

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep I own LLP its Super warm. If you just want a standard ultralight puffy for chilly morning the LLP will be to much coat. if you plan to drop below the Teens then LLP would be the ticket. I love my LLP but wouldn't take it hunting in Sept. Its just to warm. the Uncompre Jacket is what I use hunting and it works well. It is a good mix of weight to warmth ratio and packs into its own pocket for storage.

Akicita

WKR
I'm starting to look into puffy jackets for this fall. From first impressions, I really like Kifaru LPP, but I'm not trying to be a Kifaru whore so if there's a better puffy out there let me know.

I'm hard on puffy jackets so I don't typically invest to much in something that is not considered to me as durable gear. I'v been using the very cost effective and versatile Marmot Calene for several years now and in conjunction with a good layering system works well from sub zero to temperate fifties. You can typically find deals for this jacket under $100.