Uniqlo AIRism Boxer Briefs - Toray Fabric

cnickie

FNG
Hey Everyone,

Been lurking on this forum for years however this is my first post. I'm been purchasing these warm weather underwear since last year. I decided to try this out, as it does become quite expensive to buy only technical underwear for every day use. This helps me to have something that keeps me pretty cool and dry during the week and keep my more expensive First Lite and Kuiu stuff for the weekends, and other activities.

This is the first time I read the fine print on the back of the package as I usually just rip them open and throw them in the drawer. This underwear is actually produced using Torays fabric. At a regular price of $9.90USD ($13 in Canada) you can't really go wrong with this performance and packability.

I travel alot for work as I work for a brand in the clothing/outdoor world and these take up zero space in your pack or suitcase as well.

MEN AIRism MESH BOXER BRIEFS | UNIQLO US

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.02.28 PM.jpg

toray.jpg

OP
C

cnickie

FNG
Ordered four pair on your recommendation. You better not be lying!
Here's a picture of the package for some more proof. They really are excellent for an everyday item and super well priced. Next step up for anything similar is generally closer to $30

bc331a16daab3754961578d2a1883b3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

oenanthe

WKR
I just got some of these a few weeks ago. So far I like them, but I haven't been on a long enough trip with them to assess how they handle the multi-day funk issue in the nether region.

Note that there are two different fabrics: the regular Airism and the Mesh Airism. I got some of both, the mesh is a little lighter and breathes a little better. I'd recommend the mesh, but on the other hand the missus referred to the regular fabric as "kinda' slinky", so it's got that goin' for it! :)

They also make t-shirts out of this material and I've been pretty happy with them for 2-hour long sweaty hikes. They seem to breathe and wick pretty well and are definitely a bargain.

One final note on Uniqlo - their Ultralight Down puffys are pretty good for the price. I've used one for a couple of years and been pretty happy with it. Just under 10 oz. for the hooded version. They go on sale for around $50 and are excellent value.