Looking for advice on versatile hunting pants

I wear the Timberlines with different weight merino base layers (for varying temps/hunts)...and put my Kelvins on over em for long sits glassing in the cold wind. They are great pants.

OP
L

livinginpursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Smtn10pt - I haven't. I don't do a ton of warm weather hunts, and I tend to run cold, so I may just stick with the timberlines. I've got the kelvins to throw on over as well for glassing or to change into around camp, and recently picked up a pair of cloudburst pants for when things get really shitty.
Might try a pair of zions or sitka mountains. Love those knee pads, especially because I'm planning on trying out a tree saddle set up for east coast whitetail hunts this year, and it's nice to have some padding between your knees and the tree.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
^^i also wouldn't mind something with knee pads, might be a good excuse for me to check out some Sitka pants, especially since they have some solid color options in their pants.

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the first lite obsidians. Lightweight and seem durable to the touch. Wore them on one hike so far in 105 degrees with humidity. When I got back to the truck they dried out within 10 minutes. I couldn't believe it. Can't compare to the currogate guides but I would stick with these pants for the weather I'll be using them in. Maybe a different pair for colder climates or just wear a base layer under

I fell hard...landed with both knees on a sharp wedge of granite. I didn't expect to be able to walk. Got up like nothing happened. Couldn't believe the Sitka kneepads saved me from any injury.

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu Attacks have been $ the last two years. With the hip vents, they've allowed me to be comfortable bowhunting in September and with the proper layering, hunting into November.

OP
L

livinginpursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the mountain pant and timberline is, besides the waterproof panels? Is the mountain a cooler more breathable material? Are they lighter?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
check out the military's softshell pant made by Patagonia- neutral color, nice light to mid weight fabric, good dwr, breathe well- incorporated suspenders, lots of pockets, good fit, durable

they are as close to a all around pant as I've been able to find

I wear Kryptek dalibors for 90% of my hunting. I have a pair of the cadogs but I've worn them once when I wasn't planning on moving at all. The dalibors are a tad warm in early archery here in NC but work great up in Pa for most all of the season until later rifle. That's where my cadogs will come in more often when I get up there to hunt again. I'm thinking about a lighter pair of pants for here in Nc for early archery or late spring gobbler when high humidity and hot are the order of the day. I may stick with the kryptek line of stuff or may try the first lite curragates. My cousin has them and really likes them.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the mountain pant and timberline is, besides the waterproof panels? Is the mountain a cooler more breathable material? Are they lighter?

The Mountain pant comes with removable knee pads and are heavier than the Ascent, but not as heavy as the Timberline. The Timberline has the water repellent knees and seat, and removable knee pads, and have removable suspenders (which I love!).