Shrinking merino wool?

I have 2 pairs of Large Firstlite Kanab 2.0s. I've lost about 25lbs this off season and they were always a little long on me, so now they're just way too baggy and big all around. Does anyone have any tips on how to do a controlled shrink on these type of pants? I feel like a size medium would probably be a good fit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
MuleDeerMike
Hmmm maybe I'll post these in the classifieds for trade then.

OP
MuleDeerMike
Wash them in hot water, then dry on med heat. If that doesn't work, wash them in hot water, then dry them on high heat.
Ya I'm just a little nervous that that technique is going to take them from an Adult large to a childs small.

Gorp2007

WKR
Ya I'm just a little nervous that that technique is going to take them from an Adult large to a childs small.

I'd treat shrinking your clothes a little like reloading: start low and work your way up. Start with cold water and low heat. Then go cold/warm, warm/warm, etc and if it's still too big you can decide if you want to go for the nuclear option.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

OP
MuleDeerMike
I'd treat shrinking your clothes a little like reloading: start low and work your way up. Start with cold water and low heat. Then go cold/warm, warm/warm, etc and if it's still too big you can decide if you want to go for the nuclear option.

Alright, I like that approach. I'm going for it.

Cold water and low heat is how you should have washed them when they fit, so I was suggesting the hot water wash, with the med heat first. Slow is good!! You can always step it up as needed like Gorp2007 suggested.