Rain gear

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure this has been discussed multiple times but there seems to be a lot more options this year. I'm looking for a solid jacket and pants for an Elk hunt. I got a few pairs of the currogate guide pants that I will be wearing. So I was thinking of going with the light rain jacket they carry and the boundary storm tight pants. These items are very expensive and I've heard mixed reviews. What's your recommendation? Not too worried about money for rain gear but I would like an honest opinion not just you recommend them because you bought them.

MtnMuley

WKR
I own several sets of rain gear. I find myself using the Sitka Downpour set by far the most. It packs very well and gets the job done when the situation presents itself. I typically don't hunt in rainy climates. That being said, I think KUIU rain gear is about as good as it gets as well. First Lite rain gear isn't up to par with those two yet I'm my opinion.

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I own several sets of rain gear. I find myself using the Sitka Downpour set by far the most. It packs very well and gets the job done when the situation presents itself. I typically don't hunt in rainy climates. That being said, I think KUIU rain gear is about as good as it gets as well. First Lite rain gear isn't up to par with those two yet I'm my opinion.

You basically confirmed what I have been reading lately. I'm hunting regardless of weather and at 10k feet elevation I can expect just about anything. I only get one week so I want the proper gear to get me through without being too miserable. I think I might go with Sitka

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
Something else to think about, unless the place you are going this just super rainy you can leave the rain pants at home or at the truck at least. In drier places such as Colorado I would hunt with a rain jacket and gaiters and save the weight of rain pants. Last year I ran the kryptec koldo rain gear, got it for a really good price and it was awesome, however it was heavy, I had both the pants and jacket in my kit but never used the pants. This year I am running the firstlite stormlite jacket, I was selected as a winner in a giveaway on rokslide for this jacket but had been eying it pretty heavily as a new peice of gear for my kit. I haven't used it much yet so I don't have any real world experience but it was nearly a pound lighter than the kryptec jacket.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk