Prana Zion pant alternative

young7.3

WKR
Kuiu Tiburon first hot early season. They are better than the prana brions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuhl Renegade and Eddie Bauer Guide Pro. The guides are semi skinny jeans though where the Kuhls are a relaxed fit.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've tried the EB's, the Prana's, and the Costco pants, and they all fit and feel 3 sizes too small even when I upsize.......and I'm skinny. I have no idea how people are fitting in these pants and finding them comfortable.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Weird, I'd say the pro guide are like a classic straight leg pair of jeans in terms of legs. Definitely not skinny jeans nor are they relaxed/loose fit. I'm 6' 180 33" waist w/o overly huge thighs (maybe 23" circ.) and they fit me great. I wear the chino version at work 5days a week year round and the pro guide more or less daily all winter. When on sale they are a great buy for my body shape and pant preference.

I did not care for the belled out bottom on the zions.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Weird, I'd say the pro guide are like a classic straight leg pair of jeans in terms of legs. Definitely not skinny jeans nor are they relaxed/loose fit. I'm 6' 180 33" waist w/o overly huge thighs (maybe 23" circ.) and they fit me great.

I'm 6'6" 215 with a 36" waist and I couldn't even get the EB Guide Pro pants over my thighs, and like I said.......I'm skinny. I thought they were mismarked so tried a couple pairs and even a 38. Finally got the 38's on but they were definitely skinny jean fit, and the rise was 3" shorter than any of my jeans or hunting pants that I wear. Also, any of these type pants with the "flat front" i.e.....no pleats, feel like they are wrapped in duct tape around me after putting them on. I can't imagine hunting in something like those. I do have a pair of Columbia "Convertible" pants that fit and feel fine. They are a flat front as well, but they aren't bad.

twall13

WKR
No experience with the EB Guide pants though I've read they are nut huggers. I own Kuhl Renegades, Prana Zions, Prana Brions, and the Costo UB Techs. If the OP finds the Zions to be too tight the Brions are even worse. The Costo UB Techs I find shorter in the inseam than the Zions and more narrow around the bottom. They may be slightly wider around the thighs than the Zions but not much. They do have a more relaxed crotch than the Zions and much more so than the Brions. The Kuhl Renegades are definitely the most relaxed fit of that bunch. I personally don't love the pockets on the Renegades as much and feel the fabric is a bit louder than the Zions but otherwise they are a great pant and may fit the needs of the OP. That said, I'm planning on trying some Outdoor Research Ferrosi pants in the future as I have the Ferrosi jacket and really like it.

All of these pants are a lot more comfortable than the jeans I wore for years, but I still haven't found the perfect pant out of any of them yet. For hunting, the First Lite Corrugate Guide pant is spot on for me but for everyday wear it's a bit too narrow around the ankles for my liking. In the mountains that's a plus as it doesn't make as much noise. Around town I don't care for the look.

I have several pairs of the EB guide pros. I normally wear a 32" waist but order them in 34 and they fit perfectly. I do squats first in the gym and they fit my thighs just fine. The stretch is great and they are durable except for the stitching on the back pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm 6'6" 215 with a 36" waist and I couldn't even get the EB Guide Pro pants over my thighs, and like I said.......I'm skinny. I thought they were mismarked so tried a couple pairs and even a 38. Finally got the 38's on but they were definitely skinny jean fit, and the rise was 3" shorter than any of my jeans or hunting pants that I wear. Also, any of these type pants with the "flat front" i.e.....no pleats, feel like they are wrapped in duct tape around me after putting them on. I can't imagine hunting in something like those. I do have a pair of Columbia "Convertible" pants that fit and feel fine. They are a flat front as well, but they aren't bad.

Sounds like you have a bit more thigh to ya (mountain legs!). That's typically what it comes down to on the reviews of the EB pants (and I think the Kuiu attack fit very similar) is do they fit your thighs or not. I would not call them skinny jeans like the youth is running around in but sounds like too slim depending on your thigh girth. Mine are ~23" mid thigh if anyone needs a data point. If you've got a few inches over that I can see where they'd get tight.

GKPrice

Banned
I've been wearing the Prana Zions as an alternative to Carrharts and Duluths for hot weather and I personally think the Pranas are much cooler, fit seems to true for me (since knees are bad the thighs have atrophied somewhat though) and I don't see the "bell at the bottom" to be noticeable at all - I've got a pair on right now