Prana Zion pant alternative

N2TRKYS

WKR
I like the stretchy material, although hot, that the Prana Zion stretch pants are made of. However, I'm not a fan of the skinny jean type fit, the number of belt loops(not enough of them), the cargo pocket that goes across the knee, the shallow front pockets, and that goofy belt.

What are some pants out there that y'all have seen that addresses those issues and that are made of this material?

Thanks.

The Costco eb tech rainier pant for $20 is a good buy. The Eddie Bauer guide pant is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Kuiu Attack pants, but they are heavier than the Pranas. The PRana Brion is sort of a lighter version of the zions with no knee pocket, Ive used those before.

Pro953

WKR
For warm season stuff I have run the mtn hardware " chockstone" I think. Light quiet stretchy material like the Prana but looser fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan L

FNG
Cabela's Grand Mesa Trail pants. Extremely thin and same stretch as zions. Not as durable, though.

Fitzwho

WKR
I use the stretch Zion shorts, have several pairs. For a super lightweight pant, I'm not sure you can beat the Kryptek Valhalla. I have them in grey and olive, waiting on the brown color to hit the market. I also run a pair of Kuiu Attack pants. Another option is the Kuiu Alpine pants. I use the pRana shorts as a casual option.

Western Rise is coming out with a pant with the same material- 97/3 nylon/spandex.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the Prana Zion and the UB tech from Costco. The Prana are a much better pant IMOP. They are quieter and seem to be tougher material. I really like the no belt synch on the Prana, now I don't need to wear a belt under my pack hip belt all day long. The only gripe I have about the Prana, I wish the one cargo pocket was on the right side and not the left. I will be wearing my Prana with the rest of my FL ASAT camo this year in the 2nd week of September in Idaho.

wrangler performance pants from wallyworld.they come in shorts also. Kuhl renegades are stretchy too. my Kuiu Attack pants are heavier material than those but i guess you need to try and decide.

boom

WKR
there is pant from Eddie Bauer. not the guide pant.

they look like regular pants except there is a small almost hidden zipper pocket (zip runs longitudinally). GREAT pair of pants. i got this cool blue colored pair i wear all the time. i concrete pump truck burped on me, and i simply hosed them off and they dried quick and looked perfect.

i'll get the name when i get home.

boom

WKR
however..i am wearing the Zion right now. i have them pulled down over my high motorcycle boots from the ride in to work. perfectly stretchy.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
there is pant from Eddie Bauer. not the guide pant.

they look like regular pants except there is a small almost hidden zipper pocket (zip runs longitudinally). GREAT pair of pants. i got this cool blue colored pair i wear all the time. i concrete pump truck burped on me, and i simply hosed them off and they dried quick and looked perfect.

i'll get the name when i get home.

Its their guide chino, I am wearing some right now. :)