What happened to KUIU sale?

Waited for sale around Fathers day and nothing...

Anyone know if they will have a sale this summer?

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
you mean 15% off of logo gear wasn't what you were hoping for?

IdahoBeav

WKR
If you buy a lift kit, a set of 35" tires and 22" wheels from Les Schwab, I believe you can get a 30% off coupon from KUIU.

I think you also must have a minimum number of decals on your back window.

OP
big10hunter
Harsh responses...anyone have any knowledge of the current situation? Are these sales a thing of the past?

JWP58

WKR
When it comes to kuiu, you're better off just not wasting your time on this forum. But if you have a full first lite kit you might get your Gooch shaved by a groupie....

I would just email kuiu and ask.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Harsh responses...anyone have any knowledge of the current situation? Are these sales a thing of the past?
Here's my guess. Kuiu now has an investor, a big semi tour to pay for and upcoming brick&mortor store. The article said Jason still owns a majority but if that investor is paying for that semi I guarantee even as a minority owner they are STRONGLY making suggestions as to insure their return. I wouldn't hold my breath for the big 30% sale in November either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
There is a supply/demand component to every business. When companies have supply in excess of demand, they hold sales. When they don't, they don't. To put it another way, companies don't arbitrarily sell product for less than they can get for it.

I doubt it has anything to do with a change in investors

Jason touted that KUIU was to CONTINUE to be this great company. His prices are going up, no sales, poorer quality (China) and the fan boys. I see KUIU as more of a college fraternity club now. I sold all of mine so I wouldn't have to be associated with that. Lastly, Sitka and FL is better quality. Don't even get me started on the KUIU packs. Thank god I've never owned one but I'm seeing more and more people having issues with them. Here's to hoping KUIU fizzles out in the next few years. Here's hoping....

Jason touted that KUIU was to CONTINUE to be this great company. His prices are going up, no sales, poorer quality (China) and the fan boys. I see KUIU as more of a college fraternity club now. I sold all of mine so I wouldn't have to be associated with that. Lastly, Sitka and FL is better quality. Don't even get me started on the KUIU packs. Thank god I've never owned one but I'm seeing more and more people having issues with them. Here's to hoping KUIU fizzles out in the next few years. Here's hoping....

And that is just it. I really want KUIU to have great products, but in the end, poor quality and questionable channelling have left me disappointed. I stuck with Sitka Gear and have only been disappointed in one small item, otherwise, love their stuff and do not suffer the marketing bias.

ianpadron

WKR
When it comes to kuiu, you're better off just not wasting your time on this forum. But if you have a full first lite kit you might get your Gooch shaved by a groupie....

I would just email kuiu and ask.
Hahahahhahah

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I receive an email about smokin deals in the outlet today, I got a chuckle out of their disclaimer and obviously how they feel about their quality of goods based on it.

"The KUIU Outlet is back with some unbelievable deals! All sales are final and ineligible for refund, exchange, or warranty."

JWP58

WKR

So what have you owned from kuiu? I mean you know the packs are terrible without even using one right?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I'm not a fan of some of the stuff Kuiu does, but I've had very limited circumstances where the quality wasn't great- they stood behind my cases. To say Kuiu is lower quality is just BS, and sounds like hating, which you can take somewhere else. For all the dudes that get ate up in Kuiu there's another one that seems to think hating Kuiu is in. It's a club in itself. It's clothing and gear. Some stuff fits some people. Some brands are more appealing based on how you see yourself. I'll be the first to admit Kuiu has had some lame ass field testing and launched some weak products, or failures, or blatant copies with incremental improvement. But they've also put together some good stuff. And plenty of overinflated marketing BS. But low quality? Give me a break.

I agree their sales have dropped off it seems......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
You mean $25 off $250? They gave away a bunch of those bs things in that quickly thing they did. I was also waiting for a good fathers day sale.

I think too many people get caught up in this "club" mentality that if you buy one brand you stick with it. Personally I think a lot of companies have some good items and some bad for my fit and uses which steers me towards owning a few items from all the big names. I'm going to use what works best for me in the field reguardless of camo pattern, brand, etc or if it even matches. I have first lite, sitka, & kuiu can't say anything bad about any of the pieces i own and I will wear all of them together. My favorite item that I wear the most is some cheap fleece zip from who knows where it gets worn on just about any hunt where temps are below 60 waterfowl, upland, big game etc.

On a side note all of the kuiu clothing items I own are good quality. Of the items I own I couldn't say Sitka, Kuiu, or first lite is over all better quality than the other they may have better items in a specific category than the other but that is an item by item comparison and also personal preference.

Last edited:
I expected them to skip the memorial day sale with the semi tour and new store. I wanted a few pieces so I bought them last time they had a small discount.

#kifaruordie

I've owned the attack pants--thread started to fray loose after wearing them seven times. Owned the Teton shirt and long sleeve shirts--pilled like crazy and stunk. I have the gaiters--those are great. I've never owned a pack and thank god in didn't have the displeasure of owning one. I'll take my Kifaru pack against ANY KUIU pack with ANY weight. Guarantee the Kifaru will persevere.

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
sorry to the OP if my snide comment started this Kuiu bashing. Just being sarcastic. I was in the same boat, hoping for a sale to get a Chugach set.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a bit sour when outlet prices went up and the regular stuff went up and fewer sales. Really crappy with outlet items around 10% off and no warranty? A zipper failure right out of the package they won't make right. Oh well it makes me a smarter consumer. I won't limit myself to one brand rather look for what suits my needs best. Sometimes it's kuiu sometimes not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk