Need Filson help!

So I did something stupid. My waxed filson jacket and chaps must have been put away with some moisture.
Just pulled them out to get ready for this fall reapply oil and do any sewing needed.
They have a pretty strong mildew smell to them.

Anyone been through this? What can I do to save them?

No experience with this, but my favorite odor removal method is to make sure they're good and dry and then put them in a sealed container with a bag of charcoal for a month or so.

wildcat33

WKR
I was going to recommend mirazyme as well. Its meant for water gear, but Ive used it on tents that have been put away damp by accident and it straightened them right out. No idea how it would work on waxed cotton though...

My guess would be that if you don't actually kill off the mildew somehow, it will stick around - smell included.

ZDR

WKR
Send them back to Filson for an enzyme clean and re-wax. You can also re-wax yourself if so inclined.
I sent my old Filson rainjacket back for the enzyme clean/wax and it came back looking like new and it smelled great.
z

OP
Molon Labe
Thanks everyone. Looks like the Mirazyme is the way to go. I ordered it.
Will update after I use it.

OP
Molon Labe
Tried the Mirazyme out as per directions. The chaps turned out decent and not much smell.
The jacket still smells a bit like mildew. Tried soaking twice and drying out twice waited a day between applications.
Any other hints or tips?