Went by Kuiu today.....asked about solid colors for those that care : )

Stwrt9

WKR
That's too bad on the solids. I've been waiting for a pair of solid Yukon gaiters to come back in stock but I guess that's not gonna happen.

boom

WKR
damn..i want a solid superdown vest for motorcycle riding and regular street kicking it around.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was wanting to buy a couple attack pants in Major brown but they are out of stock in my size. So I emailed em and used their contact form on the website and asked if they are getting some in soon. Its been days and not a peep.

I looked at all the competitions websites and no one makes my current size. Everyone seems to think if you have a 30" waist your legs are like a stump and you're 5' tall. Oh well, ordered some prana zions instead, if they work, to heck with em.

Might want to check out the eddie baurer proguide pants to see how they fit you, I like those a lot for my casual wear (I didn't care for bottom flare on the zions).

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The solid color stuff doesn't seem to sell as well for any of the hunting companies. Every time I see a super good deal it's usually for the solid colors.

My preference depends, I like solid color gloves and raingear for dual usage. My pants/shirts I like camo as a preference even though folks get it done all day long in solids.

Haters are out because of what one worker at a retail store said. You don't like color options so you want them to go out of business?

I believe I said that if you go back to the first page. KUIU is gonna have the fanboys who are going to always come to the defense. Reality? Jason is becoming a puppet to investors. No sales, price hikes, inferior packs and lack of solid colors. It's not rocket science that if he continues to not care what his customers think then he'll lose. He prided himself on setting himself apart from others. Best clothes? Sitka. Best pack? Kifaru (not even close). Prices? He's still a bit below but not by much.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When Sitka starts putting hip vents in pants let me know, till then I'll look towards kuiu and now skre when I wear out my pants. The vents aren't hype, I like them a lot and that is why I bought some kuiu in the first place as I was baffled no one else was doing it.

That said I would never consider their pack frames. Too many original issues and too weak on the customer support.

JWP58

WKR
I believe I said that if you go back to the first page. KUIU is gonna have the fanboys who are going to always come to the defense. Reality? Jason is becoming a puppet to investors. No sales, price hikes, inferior packs and lack of solid colors. It's not rocket science that if he continues to not care what his customers think then he'll lose. He prided himself on setting himself apart from others. Best clothes? Sitka. Best pack? Kifaru (not even close). Prices? He's still a bit below but not by much.

Hey why don't you bitch and moan about sitka packs? I'm sure you haven't used one of those either, just like kuiu packs.

Clothing clicks lol Jesus h.....if you don't like it, don't wear it.

Fireguy

WKR
I really want more solid colors in the Tiburon shorts, especially grey. I wear mine every day in the summer best shorts ever.

JWP58

WKR
You take your KUIU pack and I'll take my Kifaru. We will have a little weight carry contest. I don't think you would last.

I don't own a kuiu pack. I'm also not a child.

If I was the owner of kuiu, I would take the fact that you bitch about the company as a compliment.

idig4au

WKR

Dude are you for real? I think Kuiu had something like $50M in Revenue last year and significant growth year after year. His business model must be doing something right. I don't think he is going out of business anytime soon. I'm not defending him, I could really care less. He provides another option of high performance wear to the market and I consider that to be a good thing. Having options is always good.

I get it, you don't like that product. Good for you. You have the right to buy whatever you wish and what works for you. Your opinion is just that, your opinion. And I could really care less about that too!

GKPrice

Banned
I hold Jason Hairston in the same regard as Mark Hemstreet BUT that said I admit it's a drastic wandering from what the KUIU clothing line is

as far as packs, under load, go KUIU packs feel on MY back pretty close to how Eberlestock packs do .... DREADFUL (but they still look good)

Stwrt9

WKR
Out of the solid game yet they introduced a solid black peloton 240 hoody to the line up today. So who really knows anything. I guess we'll just wait and see what they introduce or discontinue next.

I would have bought a truck load of Kuiu solids recently after looking to add my gear options for hunting close to home where I don't want the head to toe camo.

I have no option, but to look at the competitors who offer solids across their range. Prefearbly greens and gray as I just don't like heading out into public hunting areas the same colour as a deer.
The deer color comment makes a lot of sense.

OP
J

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
Jeez, I just started this thread to let people know what the floor salesman told me. Didn't know there was so much hate out there, wow. I am hoping like heck the guy was wrong about solids, I hope they do more. Definitely ordering the black 240 Hoody today.

Don't take it personally. A lot of hate for Kuiu on here but most is without a logical reason. Don't buy the gear if you don't like it.

I personally own first lite, kuiu and Sitka and some days I wear all three at the same time all while wearing a Kifaru pack and an AGC bino harness! I still live to see the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk