Went by Kuiu today.....asked about solid colors for those that care : )

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like brown gear for dual purpose use, I just like the color in general (a bit more that greens but I also buy some green stuff). As for deer color aspect, I hunt CO so I already have to have a huge blaze orange vest on (blaze camo not allowed). If they can see me they will see orange, if they are shooting at movement (not that I hunt thick brush) I'm screwed regardless.

I guess I could see minor concern on brown if I was rifle hunting somewhere that didn't require orange (or just a little hat or something). Luckily the yahoos don't stray to far from their trucks.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Their new light hoody is available in solids. I'm starting to think kuiu says too much and not enough at the same time. Their social media is full of product tidbits with little detail or follow up. It might not be any different than others behind the scenes except you don't see others publicly teasing their r&d at the early stages. All this leads to speculation and excellent marketing, "any publicly is good publicly".

Maybe they don't inform their employees very well since this isn't the first contradiction. I asked about solid guide pants and gray tiburons. One answer said "a limited production once a year" another answer " we've never had solid guide pants or gray tiburons"

For whatever reason I don't believe they will completely discontinue solids. I believe it's very selective, part of them balancing stock with sales. I do call b.s. every time I here "we don't sell enough" I take that as code for other brands do well with solids, and it's not an important enough market for us too compete. Just my speculation, if that has any truth I can't fault any company who chooses not to compete in an area they don't see profitable.

I'm starting to think I could have gotten more money for my brown tiburons I sold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
Don't take it personally. A lot of hate for Kuiu on here but most is without a logical reason. Don't buy the gear if you don't like it.

I personally own first lite, kuiu and Sitka and some days I wear all three at the same time all while wearing a Kifaru pack and an AGC bino harness! I still live to see the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont cross the beams!!

(great post..i NEVER match.)

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't take it personally. A lot of hate for Kuiu on here but most is without a logical reason. Don't buy the gear if you don't like it.

I personally own first lite, kuiu and Sitka and some days I wear all three at the same time all while wearing a Kifaru pack and an AGC bino harness! I still live to see the next day.

Good comment on if you don't like like it, don't buy it. Which is what I tend to do. However, I'll have to disagree with your logical reason comment on kuiu as there are many logical reasons to dislike them.

Randy

My perspective is "hate" is a pretty strong word. Dislike maybe, frustrated by maybe but in the end they are a pro hunting company and is generally good for the hunting community.

I can think of a number of outdoor companies that don't support hunting that are much further up my dislike list.

My perspective.

troutdreamer

Lil-Rokslider
Saw this earlier about solids.
e812c2c9fbdbe7645c8d47a7c7b9be28.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robie

WKR
What an absolute joke. Jason has lost complete sight of his vision for the consumer as a whole and has become a puppet for his investors. These decisions will add up and will one day be his demise. Sitka may be more expensive but as far as customer service and listening to what the customer has to say they will get my business and hopefully run KUIU out of business. Time to start treating Jason like his old team is treating Colin Kaepernick.

What was that about him not listening and not bringing out solids that consumer had asked for? :confused:
What is the new reason to flame the guy? They aren't in rain gear yet? We should probably burn it all to the ground because of this.

For all of you small/medium/large business owners on here keep doing what you are doing. I'm proud to work for a guy that took risks and now provides a solid job for me. I hope he makes a billion and keeps providing jobs for hard working individuals.

GUIDE JACKET in SOLIDS

ATTACK PANTS in SOLID

What was that about him not listening and not bringing out solids that consumer had asked for? :confused:
What is the new reason to flame the guy? They aren't in rain gear yet? We should probably burn it all to the ground because of this.

For all of you small/medium/large business owners on here keep doing what you are doing. I'm proud to work for a guy that took risks and now provides a solid job for me. I hope he makes a billion and keeps providing jobs for hard working individuals.

GUIDE JACKET in SOLIDS

ATTACK PANTS in SOLID

That "moss" Guide jacket is just horrendous.

I dont understand why they think "solid" means "two tone" on every single piece except a few. Even the "loden" dark green pants has bright green stitching accents.

robie

WKR
That "moss" Guide jacket is just horrendous.

I dont understand why they think "solid" means "two tone" on every single piece except a few. Even the "loden" dark green pants has bright green stitching accents.

You didn't get the memo cammo is out and accent stitching is now "cool/bespoke".

I do like the change of the cut on the pockets for the accent pants.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
These new solids are hideous. Yikes. I'm not sure about everyone else, but the OG Major brown and Phantom were just fine, but maybe expand them to some other garments. I'd buy a solid vest in a second if they'd make it. And a beanie too.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Attacks in Phantom, the dark grey active jacket that came out last Christmas, and the new black 240. The active jacket is my wife's favorite, but for the three times a year that it rains here, there is no hood. But the color scheme is great and it's a really comfortable jacket to wear. I might get the newer black Guide for the wet days. Just because it's got a hood and it is plenty of waterproof enough for our rain. I like the black 240, but I use it more like a sweatshirt for cold days.

I'm pretty dang sure hunters must be the whiniest bunch of consumers around. lol

Last edited:
OP
J

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
I hate to complain as well but some of those solids are just gross. The lime green Guide and the Camel colors are yuck. going to pick up the loden attacks though. I agree that the brown and grey were good, just offer more pieces in those colors. At least they are trying, the black stuff works.

bates

WKR
I kinda like the new green guide jacket

I would expect to see a lot more solids and brighter colors

I predict Jason will make a play into the outdoor community