Affordable raingear sept muzzy gunnison area

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Starting this thread to ask what you guys use thats durable for sept hunts. I have a lightweight HH packable rainjacket now but I think if it rains constantly throughout the hunt I might want something more substantial. I have KUIU gaiters and guide jacket and will use sitka timberline pants. KUIU teton raingear will run about $320 a set so thats not cheap. Plus I've read they may not stand up for wear and tear. Around 300 is my uber ceiling for raingear so I'm open to all suggestions and opinions. Camo is not a requirement either so.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ive used Marmot Precip stuff on the peninsula a few times and it was decent for the money, Recently I was looking to replace my top and found one for 68 bucks on amazon. Eventually Ill for over the $$$ for the top of the line Kuiu or first lite but right now, my marmot stuff is working just fine.

WoodBow

WKR
I ran laughable rain gear in CO for 4 years with no real issues. I saw a fair bit of rain every year. I don't remember it ever failing but i felt like it was on the verge a few times in heavy down pours. I finally dropped the coin for FL rain gear and it gives me a lot of peace of mind. But I wouldn't hesitate to go out with the cheap stuff again. One year I wore frog toggs. One year I wore a rip stop shell off of a jacket that was DWR coated basically.

I don't really have a suggestion for you other than buy the best gear you can afford and go have fun.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
In the past 10 years I've only seen one archery/ML season with substantial rain, and that was 2013. In a given year, I rarely even take my rain jacket hunting. And in 2013 it rained so much and so constantly that I just went without........either way I was going to be soaked with rain or soaked with sweat. If it was me, I'd worry more about your ML in that kind of weather.

But my rain jacket is a Walls 10x Magnum camo jacket that I paid $30 for on Ebay several years ago. I sold my FL Stormtight because it didn't work any better and weighed almost identical.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input guys. I didn't mention this but I will be backpacking in so compressible/packable is also part of the equation.

Akicita

WKR
Thanks for the input guys. I didn't mention this but I will be backpacking in so compressible/packable is also part of the equation.

Marmot Precip will be your best bang for the buck. I run their pants with an Arcteryx jacket and my wife runs the jacket and the pants. It has our endorsement for whatever that's worth.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks again guys. I'm going to take a look at the Walls and Precip options. Hopefully Gunnersdad49 gets back to me. He runs some military gear and I can't find info on weight and pack ability. Still got time to research but I need to do a few " shakeout" trips to make sure everything will work. Rob

the cheap kuiu teton pants have worked great for me in Colorado. packable and light, but certainly not rugged or good for a week of rain. you shouldnt hardly need them in co that time of year.

Cabelas specerain..stood in pouring rain for 4 hours. Staued completely​ dry. Light and very packable...reasonably priced too

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thanks again guys. I'm going to take a look at the Walls and Precip options. Hopefully Gunnersdad49 gets back to me. He runs some military gear and I can't find info on weight and pack ability. Still got time to research but I need to do a few " shakeout" trips to make sure everything will work. Rob

Replied to PM yesterday, let me know if you didn't get it.