Lightweight T-Shirt

Elite7

FNG
Guys,

I was hoping to get some insight on what type of early season T-Shirts you all are wearing. I like my merino wool base layers, but am having a hard time paying it for a simple t-shirt. What material/ blend do you look for in off brands or do you have any suggestions on brands? I am not too concerned with getting camo.

Thanks!

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I wear brown Icebreaker Merino t-shirts I found on sale at Sierra Trading Post a few years ago; I'd keep an eye out there and other discount places like Camofire and such.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you don't need camo- look at both the Outdoor Research Echo t-shirt and the Patagonia Lightweight Capilene t-shirt. As near as I can tell they are made of the same microgrid syn fabric- these shirts are ubber light- talking under 3.0 oz in size Large- they dry rapidly, wick great, breathe wonderfully and while not as stink free as merino, they do pretty well in that area too.

They are tougher than their lightweight would bely. Also available in long sleeve versions too.

Gumbo

WKR
I will be running the Sitka Core lightweight hoody this year for early archery antelope and deer. They are very lightweight and I've become a believer in hoods to keep my ears and neck from burning. And I always wear long sleeves for the same reason, if needed they can be pushed up.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ that's a good choice if a long sleeve will work, I have that I used all last fall- it's the same (or damn similar) micro-grid that the above t-shirts I mentioned above

I like hoods too :). this year's model is even better, same fabric, but now includes a deep zip

matthewmt

WKR
I have a pile of mil poly/cotton blend Ts in coyote/marpat brown

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

colonel00

WKR
I have an Exofficio T-shirt that is made out of the same material as their underwear. It's awesome for hot weather.