Mens Sitka Fanatic Jacket with hood

I know a lot of whitetail guys are not a big fan of hoods but I personally feel that with the right cut it saves so much heat from escaping from your back, neck and head that it is worth it. With that said I am disapointed that the Fanatic jacket does not come with an optional hood which is why I decided to go with the Stratus jacket with a Celcius layered underneath. Now I noticed that the women's version that came out has a hood. What are other people's thoughts on this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I can't shoot my bow with a hood on, so it really doesn't mean much to me, I wouldn't mind a removable one for gun season.

That and those crazy expensive sitka beanies are worth every penny, last year was the first year my head never got cold or uncomfortable from wearing 3 layers.

NICKJ

WKR
I dunno, I sat on a stand last year in 18 degree and was fine this way.

Scrappy

WKR
Firstlite sanctuary jacket has the best hood on any jacket I have ever owned. Definitely warmer than the fanatic jacket as well

OP
G
I can't shoot my bow with a hood on, so it really doesn't mean much to me, I wouldn't mind a removable one for gun season.

That and those crazy expensive sitka beanies are worth every penny, last year was the first year my head never got cold or uncomfortable from wearing 3 layers.
I have been looking for the Fanatic beanie but Cabelas (I have a fair amount of gift card money) is not carrying it right now and no one seems to want to sell a used one!

I have the older green Elevated Camo Sitka Fanatic with hood. Works great, don't know why the discontinued that hood on E2.

I have my XXXL fanatic jacket with hood for sale, if iterested contact me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know a lot of whitetail guys are not a big fan of hoods but I personally feel that with the right cut it saves so much heat from escaping from your back, neck and head that it is worth it. With that said I am disapointed that the Fanatic jacket does not come with an optional hood which is why I decided to go with the Stratus jacket with a Celcius layered underneath. Now I noticed that the women's version that came out has a hood. What are other people's thoughts on this?

i typically do the balaclava....what i have found is a thin balaclava does great at trapping head warmth

OP
G
I have the older green Elevated Camo Sitka Fanatic with hood. Works great, don't know why the discontinued that hood on E2.

I have my XXXL fanatic jacket with hood for sale, if iterested contact me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Totally agree! Thank you for the offer but not my size.

black525

WKR
I've never had an issue with the fanatic not having a hood. I just wear the stratus beanie and put the hood on my fanatic hoodie up. Have you considered the incinerator jacket? It has a removable hood and would be warmer than both the fanatic and the system you're currently running.

OP
G
I've never had an issue with the fanatic not having a hood. I just wear the stratus beanie and put the hood on my fanatic hoodie up. Have you considered the incinerator jacket? It has a removable hood and would be warmer than both the fanatic and the system you're currently running.
I guess I just always asumed the fanatic hoody would not be enough but since your the second person to suggest this I may have to give it a try. The incinerator is a great idea as well but I do enjoy the versatility of the stratus. I can use it earlier in the season with few layers underneath on warmer days with light rain and in layer season I can layer underneath.

What temp are you comfortable down into in the hoody and stratus beanie?

black525

WKR
What temp are you comfortable down into in the hoody and stratus beanie?

Single digits. You can also add an additional neck gaiter/balaclava depending on temperature/cold tolerance. I personally don't while archery hunting because I don't want anything to change my anchor point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
everyone's different ...... at 66 I seldom WORE anything with a hood until about 4 seasons ago, now I'm chilled almost nonstop without one

I am not a big kuiu fan but they have designed their hood to leave great periphery access and more or less sized for each garment to control floppiness