Socks

C Bow

WKR
Does anyone wear 2 pair of socks with their boots if so what kind of liner socks

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wear anything that is thin. Currently "dress socks" from Payless shoes. I just look what it's made of, no cotton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maverick940

Banned
Everyone is different it seems, but for me, plain ol' cotton tube socks from Wal Mart and heavy synthetic/wool blend socks also from Wal Mart, work great.

I just wear Darn Tough socks. I stopped wearing the liners quite awhile ago. I was able to figured out how to get proper fitting shoes/insoles and how to lace up so my foot doesn't slide around anymore, once I did that liners weren't really needed.

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the REI liners and cheap dress socks and never could tell a lot of difference in one vs the other. Unless its really cold the Darn Tough Coolmax socks are what I generally use. I've been using them for about 4 years no with no complaints.

I just wear Darn Tough socks. I stopped wearing the liners quite awhile ago. I was able to figured out how to get proper fitting shoes/insoles and how to lace up so my foot doesn't slide around anymore, once I did that liners weren't really needed.

Exactly what I was gonna post.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I am trying Terramar Thermawool sock liner under First Lite Mnt Athlete Compression socks and liking it verses just the compression sock.

tttoadman

WKR
I wear the smartwool liners and either smartwool med weight socks or darn tough heavyweight. I really like the darn tough socks. I will likely by some med weight in those when the smart wool die.

Maverick940

Banned
I just have never been able to justify paying more than $4.00 for a pair of socks. I mean, really?

92xj

WKR
Well worth the cost over $4 for good socks.
Just like damn near everything else we use to hunt, pay for quality that equals comfort.
I'm sure there are plenty of things in your life that you buy that has it's own cheaper option yet you've paid more for the quality. Truck, house, pack, gun, bow. You can buy any of those for dirt cheap but can easily justify the more expensive option.
Socks, well worth the expense for a high quality $20 pair of socks.

Maverick940

Banned
Yea, well, Like I said before, we're all different. I've pretty much never had problems with less expensive gear, in terms of comfort and function. But, that's me. I'm pretty old-school. I buy most all of my hunting clothes at Wal Mart. Saves money for the more important things.

Gumbo

WKR
I really like the old black Kennetrek liners and wear them in all my boots. More important than the brand (other being than high quality synthetic or wool) are how they make your boot fit. I wear different styles of outer socks in different boots to get the fit right.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I just have never been able to justify paying more than $4.00 for a pair of socks. I mean, really?

I got four pairs of Darn Toughs 7 years ago before a deployment. They are still in my regular sock rotation and I can only tell that they are my oldest ones by the pattern. That's 7 years of wearing socks with boots everyday, and no signs of wearing out. How many $4 pairs have you gone through in 7 years?

Daniel_M

WKR
Darn tough. I've worn out half a dozen pair, and they've sent me brand new ones free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick940

Banned
I got four pairs of Darn Toughs 7 years ago before a deployment. They are still in my regular sock rotation and I can only tell that they are my oldest ones by the pattern. That's 7 years of wearing socks with boots everyday, and no signs of wearing out. How many $4 pairs have you gone through in 7 years?

I don't know. Probably 3 or 4, I guess. But I'm putting on close to 3,000 miles a year on my feet. Ten months of guiding each years equates into a lot of miles.