belts vs suspenders

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I HAD FirstLite Kanab pants but they were too baggy and the suspenders were too stretchy to hold them up with a pack on.
I switched to the KUIU belt which works great but it digs into my pelvis with a pack on.

Since the KUIU pants fit much better I'm going to try the first lite suspenders on them.

Any other recommendations for belts or suspenders?
Thanks -m

matthewmt

WKR
I HAD FirstLite Kanab pants but they were too baggy and the suspenders were too stretchy to hold them up with a pack on.
I switched to the KUIU belt which works great but it digs into my pelvis with a pack on.

Since the KUIU pants fit much better I'm going to try the first lite suspenders on them.

Any other recommendations for belts or suspenders?
Thanks -m
I typically wear logger type suspenders for work draw back there is the buttons are fairly large.
I've thought about making my own nylon belt using the webbing and hardware at my local stores for using with a pack. Probably be a pretty cheap experiment.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've been wearing my FL suspenders for a few years now, haven't had any issues with wearing a pack or my pants sagging.

colonel00

WKR
Eddie Bauer Genius Belt - It's elastic so it has some give but it's still pretty firm. Low profile and works great. Catch an EB sale and get a few :D

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I used a belt until I bought the firstlite kanab and corrugate. After I using those pants and suspenders I'll never use anything else. Very very comfortable, and no problems with a heavy pack.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I've used Perry Suspenders (three point and two point attachment) and Spec Ops Combat Belt Suspenders in the past.

I am lucky that most of my pants fit just right, so don't use either in most cases. I have a bison designs belt if needed. I just offset the buckle so it is left of the waist strap on my pack.

Slim Jim

WKR
I use the Prana Zions because you don't need a belt. They have a waist cinch strap that I like so no belt to dig into your hips on heavy pack loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I don't use either. I always have a pack on, so I use the waist belt of that to keep the pants up - but then again, most of mine stay up without help....

Good Luck

N2TRKYS

WKR
I always wear a belt when I have pants on. I wish I could find some First Lite Kanabs that are baggy. The ones I've had got returned because they are WAY too tight. The Prana Zion Stretch pants are great pants after you take that goof belt tag thingy off and add more belt loops. I wish they would move and enlarge the cargo pocket and make the legs less tight, as well.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Late to this thread..... just bought some FL pants and they are out of suspenders. Do the Sitka suspenders work well w/ or better than the Corrugate FL pants?

Zoomfish

Lil-Rokslider
No clue...just throwing my vote in for suspenders. Took a lot to move away from belt but now enjoy the gentle wedgy

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
No clue...just throwing my vote in for suspenders. Took a lot to move away from belt but now enjoy the gentle wedgy
Ha! Now that I compare them, the FL suspenders may be more likely to give you a wedgy, as they have just one suspender in the back for the middle loop. I'm looking at some of the more substantial suspenders now - looking at these but haven't spent too much time researching (yet) - https://www.holdupsuspenders.com/co...ork-suspenders-with-jumbo-black-no-slip-clips